cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to sign in on Samsung Serif TV

I recently subscribed to NowTV specifically to use the app on my Samsung Serif TV (UE40LS001AUXXU), but am unable to. Whenever I populate my username/password and click the sign in button nothing happens - no error message, no loading page, nada.

i notice in the smart hub apps section that the latest update of the app on the serif tv was quite some time ago (10/11/2016 - version 1.0.17), and have read on this forum that a later version has since been published and pushed out to other Samsung TVs.

any ideas?...

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, I saw the software has been updated for some samsung tvs, not ours sadly 😞

The fight continues, but I will fight this for us

Chris

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another Serif TV owner with the same problem. So very frustrated.

Please update with any news. Would it be helpful for me to report it to the same people as you all have done? If so where?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Chris,

Yes it is such a shame as Now TV is such a good service & very strange that the issue only seems to be affecting this Premium Samsung Product - it could be an issue with the Serif specific interface.

Got a response from the support team eventually after sending them a link to this support thread & they told me to use my username not email & everything will work & that they were closing the call despite me saying using email or username is not the issue..............

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. 

I've found that skyid.sky.com is unreachable from the Samsung TV.  It is reachable on all other devices. I suspect that this is the underlying cause of not being able to sign in.

To reproduce, try using the browser on your Samsung TV to go to nowtv.com and click the "sign in" link. Alternatively go directly to https://skyid.sky.com/signin. 

I also get this "server not found" message when going direct to the IP address: 90.216.146.129 (skyid.sky.com) which I would expect to give me a certificate error warning. So suspect that this is not a DNS issue.

Is it possible that the TV has cached a 5xx response from this host and is returning this when users try to sign in? If this is the case, how can we force clearing of the cached response?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just recieved this email (See email 1 below) after yet another chaser, I don't know what to make of it but I think I am being palmed off!  The customer service from Now TV hs made me feel like I am bottom of the barral sp@stic, with no memory of who says what.

The amount of times I have been lied to on live chat beggers belief, every promise about looking into it and follow up emails have never happened, and I suspect a few chuckles by the support team as they think theyve palmed me off again.

I once asked a girl what would happen if  didnt recieve an email, she said theres no point disucssing consequencences because it will happen, guess what!

Luckily I have saved every chat I have had with them and can proove this.

Now TV have told me they couldnt figure out the issue and had worked with Samsung to secure a Serif TV for testing (see email 2 below).  But first off;

EMAIL 1

Hi Christopher,

Ref: 02134803

Thanks for writing back to us.

I've gone through all your emails and chat with us and I'm really sorry to see my customer face this experience with us.

We have been contacting Samsung TV about this issue these days and Samsung has confirmed that they do not support NOW TV on Samsung Serif TVs as of now, but they are looking to add it in future.

Meanwhile, If you're looking to view on big screen then you can use NOW TV Box, EE TV Box, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast and much more. We support over 60 devices, you can have a look at this link to know more about it : Click here

Also, as a compensation for what has happened, I can help you with a NOW TV Box. Please respond to this email if you are interested to get our Box.

If you do not wish to have any visible cables then you can use a chromecast if available.

Again, sorry about the delay in response.

Looking forward for your response.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02134803.

Thanks,
Andrew
The NOW TV Team

EMAIL 2 (ABOUT ORDERING A SERIF TV)

Hi Christopher,

Ref: 02134803

Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

This is the follow email with related to NOW TV app sign in tab issue,

I have got an update from my team stating, "We’re still waiting for the TV to arrive in our office but we have chased up with Samsung today".

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02134803.

Thanks,
Krishna Kumar
The NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just recieved this email (See email 1 below) after yet another chaser, I don't know what to make of it but I think I am being palmed off! 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Well.... Primarily it is Samsung's problem to fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats a broken english email, this person wouldnt be contacting Samsung

Further why would samsung stop supporting it on a 2016 tv, with the want to start supporting it again - anyone else smell bullsh!t?

And if they were not supporting it, why would they send now tv a samsung serif tv

Sorry see more digital, I like you, and I know you give good advice, but in this instance - you are wrong

And who is Samsung TV - thats not a company ha

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.mUnfortunately, according to the following help article, NOW TV isn't supported on the Serif range of TVs (although I don't know why the app is visible if it's not supported). 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Have a look on that help page as you may have another device such as games console that you can use to watch your subscription on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy - I think the not supproting serif tvs needs to be changed now!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Andy - I think the not supproting serif tvs needs to be changed now!

That's great news @Anonymous User,

Request to @NOWTV-Team Members: Can somebody look into amending the following: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

information please?

Cheers