cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to sign in on Samsung Serif TV

I recently subscribed to NowTV specifically to use the app on my Samsung Serif TV (UE40LS001AUXXU), but am unable to. Whenever I populate my username/password and click the sign in button nothing happens - no error message, no loading page, nada.

i notice in the smart hub apps section that the latest update of the app on the serif tv was quite some time ago (10/11/2016 - version 1.0.17), and have read on this forum that a later version has since been published and pushed out to other Samsung TVs.

any ideas?...

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey DJGK - I have reported it direct to now tv via the online chat and they have logged it to the enginneers

I pointed the guy at this forum post but it would be great if you could do the same

Its so annoying isnt it ;(

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Sharkhello, thanks for the reply. Annoying is an understatement.. Lol. I tried talking via live chat but it was useless plus through twitter as companies don't like to see see negative stuff on their feeds. Nothing is helping. I'll do what you said and log it with technical. Loving the Serif though. It's amazing, isn't it.. Thanks again and I'll be in touch. David 😀
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Serif is the one of the nicest designs I have ever seen, and Now TV basically brings sky without a skybox which is crucial 🙂 I used to have a sky box, and since Ive left I have told so many of their staff that call me with offers, I liked the service but hated the box, they just don't get me lol

IMG_8233.JPG

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Very smart 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Sharkhello. Lovely set up. I'm too impatient waiting for this to be solved so bought a Google chromecast (£25 from Tesco) as it's tiny and you can hide it behind the back facia on the Serif. Does the job nicely. Back to watching now tv. Good luck. David 😀
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Seriously now tv! When are you going to fix this?

I'm thinking you honestly don't care???

I was told on online support you were going to look at this and left notes on here!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday I took delivery of my nice shiny Serif TV and I have exactly the same problem. I still have my Apple TV box so I can use that, but seriously? Why launch the product if it doesn't work?

I assume that the app is the standard one for the Samsung platform and there is some peculiarity of the Serif that causes this. It's not a 'send it back' issue, but it's not a great first experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi nickellis, first off welcome to the serif family.  I remember unboxing mine - its the msot awesome feeling isnt it!  

I am working with Now TV support to get this sorted, and I'm hopeful this will be done soon.

I used to have a apple tv, but plex, and the built in apps meant i didnt need it anymore for the cleanest of looks 🙂  

Thank-you for posting, the more of us that do highlights the fault more!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did this ever get fixed for you?

I have a Serif TV too & have the same problem after being logged out I can't sign back in.

its really irritating as I want to watch the rugby on Saturday - logged a call with NowTV but no response......

thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi RW101

I am still working on this issue I'm afraid, in fact since the 21st May - unreal right

The software seems to have updated today but the sign in button is still not working

Its an absolute disgrace 

Will keep this feed up-to-date 

If you get a solution please let me know

Sorry to hear you have an issue - at least we can say someone is - because Now TV dont give two hoots

Chris!!