cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to sign in on Samsung Serif TV

I recently subscribed to NowTV specifically to use the app on my Samsung Serif TV (UE40LS001AUXXU), but am unable to. Whenever I populate my username/password and click the sign in button nothing happens - no error message, no loading page, nada.

i notice in the smart hub apps section that the latest update of the app on the serif tv was quite some time ago (10/11/2016 - version 1.0.17), and have read on this forum that a later version has since been published and pushed out to other Samsung TVs.

any ideas?...

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Sharkhello, the exact same thing is happening to me so it's not just you!! Did everything you did and still cannot click the sign in button. Now TV live chat although very nice don't understand.. We need help!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great news - software update available for the Serif TV, and Now Tv is now working - WOW and YAY!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

It would seem I am having a similar problem. I registered with them 10 days ago and have spent that time trying to get it sorted. The folk on the helpline are really nice and we've tried many things but haven't been able to fix it. I did recieve an email saying it should be working yesterday but still it isn't. Quite frankly getting a bit miffed!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a Samsung serif to! It's the most buzzar fault I've ever seen!
Glad to see now tv admin responding 🙄
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have a Samsung serif to! 

I've just had a look at these 'serif' televisions. It's a very bold design. It's good to see Samsung experimenting with their designs 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are stunning things! Ilove mine as I have no boxes or games consoles etc connected to it!

Ive been thinking of getting another one! Bought it to be a piece of furniture 🙂 

So want my Now TV back working on it though lol ;( 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you able to take a photo of what you're seeing - or not seeing as the case may be?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If it helps... This is what I see on my LG television: -

After logging out and re-launching the NOW TV app, this is the first screen I see: -

010000.jpeg

After selecting the green 'close' button (on the above screen) I get this screen: -

020000.jpeg

After navigating down to and selecting 'My Account' I see this screen: -

030000.jpeg

After selecting the 'right' arrow on my TV's remove control I see this 'Sign In' option: -

040000.jpeg

After selecting the green 'Sign In' button I see this: - 

050000.jpeg

Then it's just a matter of entering my 'Username' and 'Password'.... And I'm in 🙂

Anyway, I hope it helps. Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
There the screens I get to exactly - accept the sign in button on the last screen won't click! The username box does, the password box to! Cancel does what it should, but the sign in button won't click whatsoever!! You can navigate to it, can't use it??

It's worked in the past for sure!!

Like the setup btw 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just to clarify I have a Samsung Serif tv and reset the smart hub to factory settings and still cannot sign into the now tv app. No one seems to he able to help, another user Sharkhello seems to have the same problem with his Serif TV too so it's not a one off problem. I'd really like to sort this out but not sure if anyone else can help or does technical services look at these posts. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks for your time. David