cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to sign in on Samsung Serif TV

I recently subscribed to NowTV specifically to use the app on my Samsung Serif TV (UE40LS001AUXXU), but am unable to. Whenever I populate my username/password and click the sign in button nothing happens - no error message, no loading page, nada.

i notice in the smart hub apps section that the latest update of the app on the serif tv was quite some time ago (10/11/2016 - version 1.0.17), and have read on this forum that a later version has since been published and pushed out to other Samsung TVs.

any ideas?...

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I just wanted to check that the NowTV app is definitely working on Serif TVs (with the lastest software)? Can anyone who has tried it possibly confirm?

I see the NowTV Help page that SeeMoreDigital linked to above still states that Serif TVs don't work (more than two months later) so I wondered if there were still issues being worked on.

Thanks,

Tem

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. The NOW TV Team did confirm a few days back that the info was correct and Serif models weren't currently supported. I'll tag @Karl-F from the NOW TV Team just to make sure this is still correct.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ahh ok thanks for that, if someone could confirm that would be handy.

I wonder why Sharkhello thought it was fixed in September.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great news - software update available for the Serif TV, and Now Tv is now working - WOW and YAY!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having this exact problem now, after NOWTV has been working on my Samsung Serif for the past 3 years. Any solutions from the past?

Thanks.

ukbobboy
Legend

Hey Samsung Sarif owners

Now TV will no longer run on your smart TVs, check out the following URL:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device

under Samsung TV

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brand new beautiful Samsung Serif TV, latest model - NOW app downloaded - will not let me sign in. Have just read "except for Samsung Serif models, which don't support NOW TV" but WHY EVER NOT??? Can't even sign in via web browser on the Samsung - whose problem is this? NOW or Samsung. Please get it sorted - most disappointing.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Head onto Live chat to speak with Now TV staff to see what they can do for you. 
Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

super helpful reply from NowTV:

"As per your query, I would like to inform you that NOW TV isn't supported on the Samsung Serif range of TVs. You would require a NOW TV device in order to access NOW TV contents on your Samsung Serif TV"

Cannot understand why, and no explanation offered. The app icon is there, the log in screen is there, the TV is brand new. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well to say that you need a Now TV device to watch Now TV content on your TV is nonsense.

You can get an Amazon fire stick, Roku stick both far better than a Now TV stick. 

Even though the TV is brand new it doesn’t mean it is supported by Now TV as default. 

It’s always best to research to death what TV is best for your needs before purchasing.

This link will give you an idea what devices are supported currently for Now TV
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Now TV isn't supported on the Samsung Serif range of TVs.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device

NOW TV app is currently available on 2015 and later Samsung TVs, except for Samsung Serif models, which don't support NOW TV.

How do I know if I have a compatible TV?

Just look at the model number – if there’s a K, L, M, N, Q or R in the middle, then you should have a compatible TV.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help