cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will the Now TV app eventually work on pre-2015 TVs?

Will the Now TV app eventually work on pre-2015 TVs?  Mine was bought in 2013.  

56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So let me get this straight... you will be the only app provider that will not appear on my smart TV other than the following:

Amazon Video, Netflix, ITV Player, All 4, BBC, Demand 5, Youtube, Wuaki TV...

I think that says quite a lot; my TV isn't the latest [2013 model] but it certainly has every provider going basically.

I take it that you are not interested in touching out to a wider customer base and furthermore are not interested in the extra commercial gain? I certainly am not buying a new TV just so i can get the Now TV App.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As far as I am aware we are hoping to get the NOW TV App on older models of Samsung Smart TV's as well.

At the moment we have launched on the 2015 models, the teams are currently working on the 2016 models.

The plan after the launch on the 2016 models is to then see if we can launch on older models, but just now we have no timescales as to when this will be.

We will update the article on our Help Site when more devices are available.

Thanks

Andy

Nmpnmp
Scholar

Thanks Andy, some glimmer of hope there, albeit non-committal, but certainly goes some way to earning some goodwill from existing customers, if only myself.  Thank you for your response. While I am not holding my breath, I hope the solution is sooner, rather than later.

Please do repost here if \ when there are any developments in this space.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
UE40K5500 but I am 200 miles away from it to confirm from the back of the unit itself. That model number is taken from the Amazon advert.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I'm really confused! Can someone help? I bought the Now TV box and was happy to do so. I have a Samsung UE40H400. I've realised I can't download the app as my TV is a 2014 model but your comment is insinuating I may be able to watch Now TV with the box and not the app. Is that possible? I returned the box eventually as I couldn't get this to work? Please can you clarify ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

I'm not too sure if I've understood your issue clearly so please correct me if I'm wrong here.

We have a NOW TV App that is available to download on select Samsung Smart TV's. Unfortunately your model isn't yet eligable but keep an eye out for those updates.

If you have purchased a NOW TV Box, you will be able to use that on your TV, even if it's not one of those selected models. As that only applies to the inbuild Smart TV app.

The NOW TV Box app is a seperate thing and should still work on your TV.

Sorry to hear that you've already returned the Box though, if you do get your hands on one again and have trouble getting it up and running, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Scubj
Advocate

Just emailed Samsung as I have friends with lower spec TVs that can get the app. Annoying when you purchased the ue46f8000 which was the flagship model (performance and picture is still great) but can't get the app and have to rely on a box. Not so smart TV. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Scubj,

Sufficed to say, Samsung have had a few 'flagship' models of TV since yours was launched back in mid 2013. And there's been major changes to their TV's operating systems and softwares too!

Hence the difficulty in supporting a wider range of Samsung televisions...

Cheers

Scubj
Advocate

That they have and technology marches on, but it is a shame that within less than 3.years they drop support.... Funny though as a 5 year warranty if it goes wrong 

Scubj
Advocate

I heard from Samsung about the availability of the Now TV app they have commented as below:

In reference to your concern, we will be unable to confirm if this application will be available on your television model. Please be informed that Now TV app is a third party application and the application provider has the full authority to add or not to add their application to our Samsung products.

i guess it could be added by NOW TV?