cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung model UE40K5500 and NowTV app

Hi

I know this has been posted about a lot but I seem to be getting conflicting answers.

I am thinking of buying a Samsung UE40K5500.

Samsung support through the Argos website says NowTV app is NOT available on it. 

However Now TV says a K in the middle of the model number means the beta app IS available on it.

But someone else on this forum says that's only the case if the model number starts with an S not a U.

Can anyone from NowTV tell me if the app is available on it?

Or does anyone have this TV and use the NowTV app on it??

Thank you so much!

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

From what I understand, the simplest way of finding out if your model of Samsung TV supports the NOW TV app is to visit the 'apps' area on your TV and see if the NOW TV app is there!

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

Thanks for the reply. That's why I was hoping someone would be able to tell me as I don't own the TV yet - just thinking of buying it but I would really like it to have the app!

Unfortunately there was no display model in John Lewis to try and the Currys one is not connected... I will just have to go further afield!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I recently bought a couple of K series and was pretty disappointed not to find this app. I checked last just a month ago.  However, inspired by your post and my desire to answer accurately I have just checked and lo and behold the beta version is there.  I have installed it and about to give it a test.

I can thouroughly recommend a K series BTW. Great vibrant picture and nice snappy processor.

HTH

ROB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User 

This is good to hear as the samsung chap at the store reckoned it wasn't on there yet but it was definitely pending and would be very very soon. I have ordered the tv and it's due to arrive on Friday 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes @Anonymous User - the NOW TV app is available on the Samsung TVs with a K in the serial number

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest, what's the full model number of your Samsung television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've actually got 2 @SeeMoreDigital - a 2015 and a 2016.

Not sure I'll be able to stretch to a 2017 when they launch later this year though!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've actually got 2 @SeeMoreDigital - a 2015 and a 2016.

Nice...

What are their model numbers? This sort of information is very useful as it can help others 😉