cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung loading problems

Hi all,

when i select a film to watch I keep getting the 4 colour balls loading screen and it doesn't start the film.

any help would be great 

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • What's the model number of your Samsung Television?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

That being said, if you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey all of a sudden now tv has stopped loading titles on my Samsung TV app I know it's not my internet connection as I have a now tv box upstairs and that's working fine. Any ideas what this could be every time I go on too recently added it any other all the title covers are just black
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the 'model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'software version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'NOW TV 'app' version?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get the NOW TV 'app' working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, programs won't load on my Samsung Series 7 tv. All I get are the spinning balls on a black screen. The menus work but programs won't play. I have restarted my wifi router, I have switched wifi routers. All other on demand apps are working. Has anyone else had this issue?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User
I too am having the exact same problem. NOW TV had been working without issue in my newish Samsung TV up until last week, now I just get the coloured loading icon when I try to stream. I haven't had any issues with the other on demands and can still look through the Now TV menu.

The TV is hardwired to the internet, I have restarted router, checked all plug-ins/connectors, logged in and out of the now TV app. It still no change. This is so frustrating when paying g for a service.

We would appreciate some help from Now TV staff.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just fixed this by resetting the smart hub on the tv. It's a massive pain. You have to renter all your dif account details but it works.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have reset everything including the smart hub but it still won’t load for me , it won’t even open the app . The little balls just spin around in a circle ... my Samsung is a 55 inch curve .... help anyone ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a problem with Now TVs app. I have the exact same problem and it started immediately after the app autoupdated on my Samsung TV. Now TV are aware of the problem and are not interested in fixing the problem. I had their tech team confirm they know about the problem. I ended up cancelling my subsciption.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem with the now tv not loading, which is annoying. The only way I can get it to load is to turn the Samsung TV of at the mains and wait a few seconds then turn back on and it then loads

Brian Somerset