cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung Tv app startup issue

When I open the now tv app on my Samsung tv it opens in the what's hot now screen in the entertainment pass, I can scroll to the right and enter the entertainment pass menu but cannot scroll up and down from there and cannot navigate to anywhere else, to do this I need to exit the app and restart it making sure the now tv logo shows when it is opening, when it does this it works great but when it opens as I stated above it is useless

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's the 'Model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number? of your 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tv model number ue40JU6400KXXU

Software version 1500

now tv app latest version 

not able to uninstall, it is pre installed on the tv, I can only reinstall it which I have done 

i have been a now tv subscriber longer than I have had the tv, I have experienced this issue ever since the app came out

Tv is connected by Ethernet, no Vpn, isp is virgin media

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Tv model number ue40JU6400KXXU

Software version 1500

now tv app latest version 

not able to uninstall, it is pre installed on the tv, I can only reinstall it which I have done 

i have been a now tv subscriber longer than I have had the tv, I have experienced this issue ever since the app came out

Tv is connected by Ethernet, no Vpn, isp is virgin media

Hi @Anonymous User

Could you try a factory reset of the TV following the steps on this page

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1051919

Let us know if that helps with the issue

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All done seems good at the moment I'll let u know how it goes, thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still having the issue, it's like the app resumes from where it left off when the tv is switched off, I then need to exit it completely and go back into it, sometimes 2 or 3 times before it will work properly 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any more ideas?