cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung TV won't recognise my account

Hello can any one help? Set up account on Samsung phone but intend to watch on my tv. TV saying doesn't recognise my email address or password. Works perfectly on my phone. Any ideas??
17 REPLIES 17
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one @Anonymous User Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Ryan. At the moment there is no update, no prompt and the version number in the Samsung App Store is unchanged, v1.0.31 from 7th July 2017.

Is there a way to force an update? Or is it a case of waiting for the new version to be published?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ermm its not resolved Ryan. I don't see any update. I don't even see a way to uninstall the app on my Samsung smart tv (UE49KU6400U) it seems to be now an integral app. Some days it works other times it doesn't. I can open it fine without logging in, as I've already logged in before and it remembers, and another day I get a big red banner saying theres a problem with my account. There seems to be no problem with my account on my pc or xbox. Here's hoping it works tomorrow for Liverpool vs Man U because when it works it's great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just found out that if you go to apps, select my apps, select nowtv and log in it works again. Seems to be a problem with home apps as I had to do the same to get Youtube working again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The issue certainly isn't resolved. I just deregistered another device in order to use the app on my TV, and it won't recognise my email, username or password. I've tried relaunching the app and the result is the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I can no longer sign into my account using the Samsung app (Red Banner displayed) , but can on every other device. It has worked without issue for 10 months.

I too have tried every workaround and have been guided by the NowTV support team, but without success. This has now been escalated to the NowTV technical team and I await their response.

Given the number of Samsung owners with this issue I hope the Now TV team can give this issue the priority it requires

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

I have the exact same issue - Now TV works on tablet and PS3, but trying to log in via the Samsung TV App for the first time and getting the same red banner message 'There seems to be an issue with your account'.

Was this issue ever resolved? Have been using PS3, but picture on live sports quite jumpy on the Samsung TV. I read it might be something to do with the settings on the TV, so thought the Samsung App would be a better option as designed specifically for the TV, but frustratingly can't access.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the model number of your Samsung 'smart' television?