cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung TV - NowTV app - Virgin Broadband problems

HI folks, 

I have a Samsung 4k Smart TV with the NowTV app preinstalled.  It has a wired connection to a Virgin Superhub. My NowTV account is set up and working. My broadband speed is good.

However, I constantly get the 'Something went wrong - try later' error message when trying to navigate the menus or first load a program.  If I then click OK after this error,  it then works sometimes instantly, sometimes hangs for a minute, sometimes never returns.  

On the menus the program squares will stay blank and it can take 5 minutes to load the program icons. Sometimes it freezes completly and I have to reboot the TV at the socket to restart the app.

This is happening pretty much all the time.  I've been around the forums on the  internet and have read about the 'Disable Network Pings' when using Virgin with a black NowTV box, this being the app I don't haver that option, besides that seems to be if you can't connect to virgin at all.  

NowTV is working but feels like the connection is either lost or times out when trying to connect to the NowTV server. 

Do you have some advice on how I can improve the perfromance and not have to deal with the service hanging or erroring.

Thanks and Regards

Nick

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve desynchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me and your advice.  Much appreciated.  

I do reboot overnight and when I am forced to by the app but this problem starts continues when I reconnect. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get this fixed. I have a Samsung smart TV and the NOWTV app does exactly the same thing.

Tried different accounts, etc and comes up with the Something wrong bit

Thanks