cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 2016 4k Smart Tv App problems

Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?
79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Every now and again the app on our Samsung 4k hdr smart tv suddenly starts rolling the image and flickering like an old video that got chewed up.
Have tried logging out and in, rebooting, uninstalling etc but it keeps happening. Works fine on other devices but got this primarily for our main tv so it needs sorting. Can anyone fix this or is it a known but?

Hi @Anonymous User

thanks for your feeback on this Issue, i have passed to your detail to get this looked at. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV is the Samsung UE48JS9000 and the Now TV BETA app worked absolutely fine since it was released via the app store. However now the final build has been released (i assume it has because the green BETA icon is no longer above the app) It now lags and crashes when I open the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing has worked, the menus seem to overlap each other and it is completely unaccessible. If you click on one menu (i.e. Popular Shows) it opens the previous menu and selcts something you didnt want to select, then it crashes as though the memory just cant handle all this random selection of random items??

NOTE: The only way i can manage to get anywhere with the app is to open the app in split screen mode, that way the app doesnt seem to play up as much. It is still not ideal though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We get these problems with navigating the app as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem is still intermittently occurring and I have received an email from tech support saying that "I understand that the issue is not prominent now but if you do have any issues further, please feel free to get in touch."

These problems are still happening and I not sure why support think otherwise.

There is definite bugs with the app when trying to navigate around that also leads to frustration.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ruair-W,

It's been 5 months since you posted your comment about getting TechHeads' issue looked at.

Since then there has been numerous comments  with no feedback from any of your team on this thread about the common menu navigation issues everyone has complained about.

It's pretty poor  that we have all been ignored for so long. Some feedback would be appreciated?

Squibb 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree it's totally unusable at the moment....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV is the Samsung UE48JS9000 and the Now TV BETA app worked absolutely fine since it was released via the app store. However now the final build has been released (i assume it has because the green BETA icon is no longer above the app) It now lags and crashes when I open the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing has worked, the menus seem to overlap each other and it is completely unaccessible. If you click on one menu (i.e. Popular Shows) it opens the previous menu and selcts something you didnt want to select, then it crashes as though the memory just cant handle all this random selection of random items??

NOTE: The only way i can manage to get anywhere with the app is to open the app in split screen mode, that way the app doesnt seem to play up as much. It is still not ideal though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi.

had this app on my tv for about 2 weeks now. when it works its great.  but every now and then i need to reinstall as navigating the menus becomes all messed up.  by that i mean you push left and it will go right , push ok and it will go back etc..   its a pity as i love now tv but this is spoiling my viewing.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's most odd. And given that nobody else has reported the same issue I wonder if something else might be going on...