cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Q&A: Who's running the new NOW TV app on their Samsung televisions?

Hello Samsung TV owners,

Out of interest who's running the new NOW TV app on their Samsung televisions?

Cheers

19 REPLIES 19
johnhood
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User You're most welcome. The PQ is excellent by way of the upscaler on my TV.

@Anonymous User wrote:

@johnhood - good to know, thanks

nickmorc
Expert 2

Installed yesterday on my JU Series. Works very well. Takes a few seconds to get upto HD, but we can live wuth that.

Thanks Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick question..

Is it just Samsung TV's that can get the app or has it been made available to Samsung Smart Blu Ray Players ?

Darren

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Quick question..

Is it just Samsung TV's that can get the app or has it been made available to Samsung Smart Blu Ray Players ?

Darren

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe it's only 2015 Samsung smart TVs that can get the app. As the app is currently in beta, it's not available on all 2015 models at the moment

This help article should give you some more info if you expand the Samsung TV tab

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-Get-NOW-TV-on-your-device

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just installed it now on my TV, works fine, not sure what 104 is for quality but this is what I get. Pictures are much smoother than my Apple TV 4th Gen box which judders every now and then even when connected through ethernet, whislt on my samsung TV perfect and nice to have the MyTV feature as I used to have on EE TV. Loving it, time to sell the Apple TV box no need for it.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Do not sell it to cex, they are a rip off. Smiley Indifferent

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had my brnad new Samsung Smart TV turn up yesterday. Eager to add my Now TV account to the apps so I could put my Now TV box upstairs in the bedroom, I was absolutely gutted to find I cannot get the app for this TV as it is a 2016 model. One thread says it is due "later in 2016", how much later are we going to get before my smart TV becomes smart?

Geluk
Expert 2

Works fine on my  UE55J6300AKXXU; I noticed a Samsung S/ware update loaded to my TV yesterday.

Perhaps those who've had no luck so far installing, may now find NOWTV in the apps offering?

Unsure how to remove individual apps on the TV; only has limited free space as I noted after NOWTV app had loaded. Only option to remove apps on TV, seems to be REMOVE ALL, which I don't want...just some.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find it really handy to have the app on the tv...especially as we have virgin & no sky Atlantic! When you start to watch something I find it is pixelated for a few seconds then sorts itself out into a really good picture.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I find it really handy to have the app on the tv...especially as we have virgin & no sky Atlantic! When you start to watch something I find it is pixelated for a few seconds then sorts itself out into a really good picture.

@Anonymous User That's normal . See here Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.