cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Q&A: Who's running the new NOW TV app on their Samsung televisions?

Hello Samsung TV owners,

Out of interest who's running the new NOW TV app on their Samsung televisions?

Cheers

19 REPLIES 19
johnhood
Scholar 3

I'm running the app!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm not as I don't have one but my friend is using it 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A question for those people who are using the NOW TV app on a Samsung TV - how are you finding it? Any good, any problems?

Cheers

johnhood
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User Seems pretty robust for a beta. Noticed it takes a couple of seconds to stream a clear image. Virgin is my ISP.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@johnhood

Just wondering if the Samsung nowtv app UI is similar or identical to the UI on the nowtv box ?

Also does the app have the My TV feature and i am guessing you can use all four type of nowtv passes ie Entertainment, Cinema , Kids and Sports on the dedicated app ?

johnhood
Scholar 3

@schnapps Yes, it's the very latest UI and all passes are available to view. I can finally remove my outdated Xbox One app. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps - yes, the app on the Samsung TVs will have the same UI as the NOW TV box (including MY TV) and will support all NOW TV products and passes

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@johnhood wrote:

@Anonymous User Seems pretty robust for a beta. Noticed it takes a couple of seconds to stream a clear image. Virgin is my ISP.

Hi @johnhood

I don't have a Samsung TV that can run the app, 

However, in my experience the only devices which will give you max quality the very second stream starts are Roku/now TV hardware. From what I've seen, it's normal for quite a few devices to take 10 to 15 seconds to reach maximum quality, so this behaviour would appear to be normal. Both my LG TV and Xbox one Take 10 to 15 seconds to reach maximum quality. So I wouldn't worry, I believe it's just down to the way certain devices handle things.

I should mention that once both my Xbox one and LG TV have reached Max quality they both stay there

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@johnhood - good to know, thanks