cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality when watching sports programmes either via Nowbox or via app on Samsung 6400

I am still perplexed as to why when I watch live football on Now TV ( box or new app) I keep seeing ghost ball images when the ball is in the air and distance shots of players running down the pitch are very juddery. Close up pictures and slow motion  are excellent quality. I do not get any problems when watching live football on ITV or BBC via freeview.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So there is nothing I can do then?

Yes... Disable (switch off) your TV's post-processing features (if they are enabled), such as: Auto Motion Plus, Dynamic Contrast, Black Tone, Digital Clean View, MPEG Noise Filter, Sharpness, etc...

EDIT: What is the exact model number of your Samsung 'smart' TV?

Cheers

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ollowing your suggestion I watched the Brighton vs Newcastle match last night with ' AutoMotion Plus' disabled. This improved the picture significantly. No 'ghost' ball effects were observed and fast action pictures were more normal like seen via Freeview.

Thank you for this  suggestion.    

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I watched the Brighton vs Newcastle match last night with ' AutoMotion Plus' disabled. This improved the picture significantly. Thank you for this  suggestion.

My pleasure Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Eye-Strain-Pain-from-Roku-Box-and-Samsung-TV/td-p/47...

This is the issue I was having a few years ago with a roku box through Samsung 2010 model (which had known issues then).

Now I'm wondering if this bug has been fixed or if it can be negated by using now tv on youview box on the same television? 

I tried all the above solutions and still had the issue

Geluk
Expert 2

Does pressing SPORTS button on Samsung handset assist any??

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk wrote:

Does pressing SPORTS button on Samsung handset assist any??

I guess that depends of what type of image processing features are enabled and/or disabled 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought nowtv as a one-off for watching skysports football yesterdday.   Is it correct that it is just standard sky, and not Sky HD?  For £6 for one day I was expecting HD.   Using a Samsung KS9000 and the app via wifi. 

Picture quality was at times appalling: freezing, ghosting, blurry, and not what I expected at all.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

can anyone help.

im trying to watch sky sports football on now tv and the picture, particularly the ball judders.

im watching through

Apple TV 4K

samsung frame tv 4K - montion settings off

fiber optic broadband 

any my ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am watching through 4K Sony TV and also have bt sport. Watched football and tennis on both and the compression on sky sports through now TV is so obviously higher than through bt. it's absolutely rubbish ! Ghosting on the ball on football is bad, on tennis with a faster moving ball it's terrible, they need to up the bandwidth used !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last time I used the Sports ticket, I watched F1 from Monaco.

It was very obviously half the standard frame rate (25p instead of the over the air age old 50Hz standard).

I doubt NowTV has fixed this. I'd use the TVs local frame rate doubler for sports (I didn't have it back then), or you'll get an headache.

NowTV thinks a tenner or so for a day is too cheap for sports, so can't allow the quality to compete with their overpriced Sky offerings.