cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv won't rewind or fast forward on Samsung tv app

Hoping some one can help. For the last couple of days I have not been able to rewind or fast forward any thing I am watching on now tv. We've got a Samsung smart TV and run the app through that. Any ideas? 

55 REPLIES 55
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Same problem here. Model UE65MU8000

Orange bar shows solid and can't ffw of rwd. can only stop or start programme. Very frystrating. Please fix or I will have to cancel subscription.

Out of interest... What are you watching @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching the Leftovers - excellent. Just frustrating when I need to fast forward or rewind!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, cannot rewind or fast forward. Is this going to get fixed? I'm going to have to cancel the service.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, missed the end of a film last night - I have 2 choices, watch the entire film again or sit and imagine what may have happened. Really frustrating.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem, probably for a month or more. Nowtv work ok on my other television which is a JVC at least six years old.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got this issue. Customer services are clueless. Seriously dont know what they are talking about.

They have resorted to claiming that it is by design and that you have to buy a now TV box to get rewing and fast forward.

Same version of the app works fine on slightly older samsung TV in the other room.

Some bug / incompatability between the app and the latest samsung TV os or hardware. Now TV need to update / fix their app or begin to lose customers rapidly.

Service is not really usable without fast forward / rewind...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a New Samsung tv and am having the same issue. Eager for a solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same poblem here, looks like NOW TV aren't at all concerned, given that so many people on here are reporting the same issue and their lack of action to rectify - original post was in August. I think maybe we should all just cancel subscriptions. We're all probably due a refund as well as clearly the service isn't fit for purpose.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're very sorry for the delay in providing you with an update for this issue. 

Just to let you know at this moment in time our teams are still looking into this issue and are trying their best to find a resolution. 

Again, I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Karl, I posted on the 09/09, and you appear to be the first offical NowTV poster that's recognised it in here... Mines still doing the exact same thing close to two months later.  App 2.20.2 on a MU496200.

My TV was affected by the big Samsung update mess a few weeks ago, and when they hard reset the entire TV it worked for a bit, but it appears to be a bug within the app as after so long it just goes back to showing nothing. None of the other apps do anything like this.