cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv won't rewind or fast forward on Samsung tv app

Hoping some one can help. For the last couple of days I have not been able to rewind or fast forward any thing I am watching on now tv. We've got a Samsung smart TV and run the app through that. Any ideas? 

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User We would advise chatting with our live chat team https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Ryan M

Social Media Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having the issue on 2017 samsung tv. Had it for a few weeks now. Ue50mu6100k. Latest firmware updated yesterday. No app updates since problem occurred.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having the issue on 2017 samsung tv. Latest updates of app and firmware.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

This has been raised off to the incident team, I will let you know of any updates we get regarding this. thanks for letting us know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem same tv samsung smart tv it was working perfectly fine then the tv updated it self it seems to be since then i cant rewind or fast forward ive tried everything i can reset tv back factory settings removed and signed out of app still dissent work but the now tv box works fine

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think samsung have to fix the issue with there new update I've tried to talk to them about it but I didn't get anywhere if the problem isn't solved soon I'm going to make them give me a new tv as far as I'm concerned it's not doing what was promised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here, similar story - used to work ok, now no ffwd or rwd.

Contacted Samsung Support (chat then followup call) and NOW TV Support (both chat) - various responses.

Samsung support was pretty good in terms of performing various checks and updates, also remotely logged on to my TV to check various settings/software versions. Eventually though, they ran out of ideas and essentially said that as all the other apps on my TV work ok, except the NOW TV one - then their understanding is that the issue must be within the NOW TV app. To this point I pretty much agree with them.

NOW TV Support was pretty variable - first time the agent was resonably helpful - asking me to check settings etc but eventually said that it must be an issue at Samsungs end (hence why I contacted Samsung above).

Today (3/9/17) - I contacted NOW TV again, got the feeling this time is that the agent couldnt get rid of me fast enough. Trying to say that these capabilities arent supported on the NOW TV app on Samsung TVs....which I then challenged.  Eventually, after what seemed like an eterniy of me waiting for him to respond he escalated it to the 'technical team' whom he said will email me within 24 hours. Lets see what happens. I'm not holding out much hope though.

Overall, my experience has left me pretty dissapointed in the 'chat support' - I find that any issues I have very rarely get resolved (in fairness this is not just restricted to NOW TV).

I'll see what happens following the email from tech support, but got the feeling that this is going to move in to my "can't be bothered pile" and I'll just cease my subscription as without ffwd/rewind - certainly in my household (young baby) - it's tough to watch programmes properly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys can you tell us what model your TV number is please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nadine

Sure my TV model number is: UE43MU6100

Software Version: T-KTMDEUC-1138.0, BT-S

Many Thanks

Graham

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem.  I will cancel NOW TV if it's not sorted by my renewal date later this month, which is a shame because it's a good service - when it works.