cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App for new Samsung TV's

Hi, 

Do you know when the NOW TV app will be available for download on the Samsung UEXXKSXXXX TV's as I'm looking to change my TV and would like this feature. 

The NowTV website says "For the moment, you can only get the NOW TV app on 2015 Samsung TVs. The app will be available on 2016 models later this year." so I'm looking to see when in 2016 it will be rolled out.

Thanks

Simon

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not much of the year left!  Will be looking to replace existing Samsung TV but lack of Now TV app may be  a deal breaker in terms of buying a Samsung Smart TV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  of course you could always go to Currys or similar to see the TV and get them to show you whether the app is available or you could message Samsung themselves.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Geluk
Expert 2

If reviewing at a retail store just press the Samsung Smart Button, and scroll through the apps that appear; you should see NOWTV Beta icon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just downloaddd the NowTv app (Beta) on my UE32J5500 Samsung Smart TV and it is working fine.
It however is not available yet on my UE40H6240 which is annoying as it is my primary TV.
Geluk
Expert 2

Make sure App updates are set to Automatic in settings 🙂

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Please note that the app is only compatible with Models with L, JS or JU in the middle due to compatibility with certain firmware models.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J is there any news from the development team on newer based Samsung 2016 TVs that use the Tizen OS under the hood such as UE43KS7500UXXU ?

Thanks,
Warren