cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lips and speech not syncronised on Samsung TV Now TV app

Hi

I only started using the Now TV app on my Samsung TV a few days ago and find that the lips and speed are not synced. I watch other apps and they are ok. What is causing this problem on Now TV and how can I rectify it.

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using any outboard sound device such as a soundbar or 5.1 AV amplifier or is the lips sync sound coming directly out of your TV speakers?

I can only suggest the basic things like.

Power down the TV and Router at the mains for say a minute, then reboot your Router first and then switch back on your Samsung TV.

If that doesn't work, see if there is any software updates on the NowTV app, if that fails maybe see if there is an option on your TV to delete and reinstall the nowtv app again back onto your TV (recommend to log out of your nowtv app before doing a app restore).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry about this second post (i am having problems with the nowtv forum software and my tablet).

Another quick question is your Samsung TV connected to your Router by hard wired Ethernet or WiFi ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.

I only started using the Now TV app on Tuesday for the Open as I didn't realise it was on the TV until then. I used a Now TV box previously and am back to using it again today and that works just fine - apart from the remote being very basic and trailing wires.

I have used the iPlayer and other TV apps quite a bit on this TV without any problems. I tried the Now TV app again today and the syncing problem is still there.  

I don't have a soundbar or any external speakers connected.

The Samsung TV and the Now TV box are connected wirelessly to the router.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The only thing that i would suggest is to post your Samsung TV model number on here and perhaps somebody else will come to your rescue.

Hopefully another Samsung/ LG Smart TV owner with the built in NowTV App on their television who have encountered this lip sync problem can give you some further guidance too fix it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks again. The model details are below. Should I post this elsewhere or is here ok.

Samsung UE32J5500 LED HD 1080p Smart TV, 32" with Freeview HD and Built-In Wi-Fi

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Here should be perfectly fine.

Lets hope somebody out there can provide you some further assistance.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Another couple of things you could try whilst waiting to see if you get anymore replies on here.

Have you checked if the lip sync is noticeable on all the nowtv sports channels and across other nowtv passes such has entertainment or cinema if you subscribe to these extra nowtv services ?

When watching through the nowtv app go into the TV picture menu settings and try Game Mode.

Have you tried a software update on the TV (see link guide for info) ?.

Last resort you could try a factory reset (just make sure that you write down any settings that you have previously made on your TV)

Also might be worth contacting Samsung UK Support to see if they can offer some guidance as well.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32J5500AKXXU

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same issue, particularly noticeable with The Open, I have solved it by increasing the Audio Delay from my Samsung TV (Audio Settings>Expert Settings) from 20ms to 140ms.  Of course have to change it back when watching anything else which is a pain in the A but at least golf is sorted!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Thanks for joining in the discussion.

I switched to the Now TV box for the golf and am still on it without any problems.  I will try changing the audio delay but it would be a temporary fix if I have to remember o alter it back. Do you think that Samsung may be able to provide a permanent fix.  Have you tried game mode as suggested above.