cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code CTV-000 on 2016 Samsung TV

The NOW TV app won't start on my 2016 Samsung UE55KS7000 TV and just shows a black screen showing white text saying something is wrong and to try again in a couple of minutes - error code ctv-000.

The app worked a couple of days ago

I have tried rebooting the TV

All software is up to date

Wired internet connection

All other apps are working fine.

Only advice from NOW TV Tech Support was to unplug all the cables and then plug them in again. That hasn't worked.

Any ideas gratefully accepted. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I have tried rebooting the TV

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already. Try re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't seem to open my now tv app on my Samsung tv it's says:
something's not right .
Now tv is currently unavailable on this device. Give it a moment, or check now tv update status for updates
I have checked online @ now tv.com
I have restet my tv
I have reset my router
None has worked I also read another comment stating the same problem
Any help??
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have a Samsung ks 7000 smart TV and the now TV app just comes up with error code CTV-000 I have done to reset all up dates are up to date tried resetting router any help please

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It sounds like your television has lost it's connection to the internet. As a cross-check have you tried logging onto to say, BBC iPlayer?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi have you tried going on the apps button press ok go up to search button top right of screen search for now tv and download it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same today, goto the apps page and hold down select over the app, then pick reinstall, it'll redownload and once completed opened fine for me. App actually looks a little different after I logged in so maybe a slight update?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the past reinstalling has worked. Today it won't. Why does this keep happening? Can it be fixed or do I go back to Netflix.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't watch anything as code error
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already. Try re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power).

And... Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers