cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot sign in on TV - all other apps and log in via other devices OK

Hi,

This morning whenever I try and watch anything via my Samsung TV app I am asked to sign in. I enter my details and get the login screen again. I can watch fine via my PC, with the same details. The sign in screen is like a loop - there is no other error message displayed.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It seems that my TV does not allow me to uninstall default apps - of which NowTV is one 😞

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

That's strange @Anonymous User. What's the usual procedure to remove 'apps' on a Samsung television? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can delete apps that I installed, but ones that come as "pre-loaded", like iPlayer and NowTV can not be uninstalled

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If elements of your televisions software have become unstable, apart from performing a 'default reset' I don't know what else to suggest to you...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll give that a go and report back

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just remember to make a note of your TV's settings 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I reset my TV back to factory setting and the problem persists. As before - the Windows 10 app works fine, but the app on the TV gets stuck in a sign in loop.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's most odd...

It should be a simple case of entering the same log-in details as your other NOW TV playback devices Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's what is so annoying 🙂

With the same username and password I can use the Windows app, or even through Internet Explorer.

Is there any way to find out if the app was updated and the update caused the error? I can see no way of finding the app's version number.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I think it's logical to assume that if there was a problem with the new version of the NOW TV app every Samsung TV owner would be suffering the same problem and posting about it.