cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot sign in on TV - all other apps and log in via other devices OK

Hi,

This morning whenever I try and watch anything via my Samsung TV app I am asked to sign in. I enter my details and get the login screen again. I can watch fine via my PC, with the same details. The sign in screen is like a loop - there is no other error message displayed.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good point!

I shall have a look again at my TV settings and see what I find

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to be working today and I made no changes. I had fun with messages telling me I had reached my device limit and then one that said I had exceeded the maximum number of simultaneous streams permitted. However, the app seems to be behaving 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...and then one that said I had exceeded the maximum number of simultaneous streams permitted. However, the app seems to be behaving 🙂

That would suggest that your router was not clearing your NOW TV activity after you've finished accessing the service.

If you haven't done-so already, it might be a idea to re-boot your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been through all this with Samsung. Finally found out Samsung tv before 2015 won't accept NOW. I have just bought NOW box and it works on my older Samsung perfectly. It was only £18.99 from Amazon. You sign in with your account and you're off. So long as you haven't exceeded 4 appliance allowance. Edna 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"I think it's logical to assume that if there was a problem with the new version of the NOW TV app every Samsung TV owner would be suffering the same problem and posting about it"

Well, I've just had to post into the 'Samsung TV won't recognise my account' thread, so I would say that a consistent picture is slowly emerging. I only found out about the problem when I logged out of the NowTv app yesterday then couldn't log in again. I would guess that most people stay logged in on the app by default?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem since sat 17/6 when I logged out of the now tv app and then couldn't log in again - cannot sign in on my Samsung UE55JU6500 TV. Able to sign in on my PC, android phone and tablet no problem.

Have reinstalled nowtv app on tv but still same problem.