NOW TV Box maintenance on 23 August Click here for more info
Champion 4

Re: Cannot sign in on TV - all other apps and log in via other devices OK

Hi @ElinE,

Have you tried re-booting your router (and any other network switchgear) as mentioned in my prvious post?

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Occasional Poster

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

yeah, I've tried that as well, but nothing seems to be working. It's very mysterious and highly annoying! 

Champion 4

Hi again @ElinE,

Can you confirm the following for the NOW TV development team: -

• The 'Software Version' number? of your Samsung TV UE49KU6400U television?
  • The NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

First Poster

Just been through all this with Samsung. Finally found out Samsung tv before 2015 won't accept NOW. I have just bought NOW box and it works on my older Samsung perfectly. It was only £18.99 from Amazon. You sign in with your account and you're off. So long as you haven't exceeded 4 appliance allowance. Edna 

Occasional Poster

"I think it's logical to assume that if there was a problem with the new version of the NOW TV app every Samsung TV owner would be suffering the same problem and posting about it"

Well, I've just had to post into the 'Samsung TV won't recognise my account' thread, so I would say that a consistent picture is slowly emerging. I only found out about the problem when I logged out of the NowTv app yesterday then couldn't log in again. I would guess that most people stay logged in on the app by default?

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the exact same problem since sat 17/6 when I logged out of the now tv app and then couldn't log in again - cannot sign in on my Samsung UE55JU6500 TV. Able to sign in on my PC, android phone and tablet no problem.

Have reinstalled nowtv app on tv but still same problem.