cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot sign in on TV - all other apps and log in via other devices OK

Hi,

This morning whenever I try and watch anything via my Samsung TV app I am asked to sign in. I enter my details and get the login screen again. I can watch fine via my PC, with the same details. The sign in screen is like a loop - there is no other error message displayed.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the community, Can you tell us if you have any Special characters in your username and or Password? if so this may be why it won't allow you to login as with some of the updates special characters no longer work we are working to resolve this however.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There are no special charcters, just letters and numbers (in lower and upper case)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. I can log in without a problem on all my other devices, but if I try on my new Samsung TV UE49KU6400U that I just bought last week, it says it can't recognize my username and/or password. I even tried resetting my password if that would help, but to no avail.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Have you tried re-booting your router (and any other network switchgear) as mentioned in my prvious post?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SeeMoreDigital

yeah, I've tried that as well, but nothing seems to be working. It's very mysterious and highly annoying! 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Can you confirm the following for the NOW TV development team: -

• The 'Software Version' number? of your Samsung TV UE49KU6400U television?
  • The NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]

Cheers

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@[voucher code removed] wrote:

This morning whenever I try and watch anything via my Samsung TV app I am asked to sign in. 

Out of interest, what's your Samsung televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number? 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The TV is a 43KU6400 and the I don't see how to display the version number of the App

The TV uses its software version 1165 - this is the latest according to the update settings

As I mentioned, the Windows 10 App works fine - but the TV App is stuck always asking me to sign in.

Mark

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you haven't done-so already @Anonymous User. Try deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app on your Samsung television...