cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv box and old tv

i'm going crazy here! -- i signed up for now tv thinking it would be easy, but so far -- NOT -- i have an OLD tv that relies on rca input -- i bought a black now tv box, only to discover that it would not work with analog tv-- then i bought a white box, which also came with an hdmi cable -- so i bought an hdmi to rca converter -- i still cannot get now tv -- HELP???????

12 REPLIES 12
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @Anonymous User @Andy

Well C6

Nan said he has both the black and white Now TV boxes and he cannot get them to work with his old TV.

He also said that he cannot tell if the boxes are connected via his router to the Internet, which leads me to believe that he is going to need someone with the tech wherewithal to help setup his system.

In this case, I don't think Nan can be helped by post, he needs someone to be there with him.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@commanda6 @Anonymous User @Andy

Well C6

Nan said he has both the black and white Now TV boxes and he cannot get them to work with his old TV.

He also said that he cannot tell if the boxes are connected via his router to the Internet, which leads me to believe that he is going to need someone with the tech wherewithal to help setup his system.

In this case, I don't think Nan can be helped by post, he needs someone to be there with him.

UK Bob

oh dear, you're quite right @ukbobboy I missed the bit about him having brought and white NowTV box . I do apologise @Anonymous User Smiley Embarassed

It has been noted in the past, though, that a particular type of composite cable is needed to work with the white box. Believe it or not composite cables are not all the same . They used to be a composite cable that sky sold in their own accessory store on the sky website, but having looked they don't appear to sell it any more. That particular cable did work if used with TV models intended for the UK

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you've managed to connect your old Roku to your TV you may well  find the composite cable you use with the Roku will also work in the back of the white NOW TV box (depending on model of Roku). Worth a try. 

PS @commanda6 good point, you're right if it's a US only model Roku it won't update software to a UK firmware version so you'll still be stuck. Needs to be a model that was also released in UK eg LT.