cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

issue error 10021 on Roku device

Hi, Since yesterday afternoon my Roku stick is reporting error 10021 ( You have exceeded the amount of concurrent streams), the 3 other NowTV boxes work fine and do not report the error. this even happens with all the other devices turned off.

I have tried rebooting my route (This has fixed it for me before) and leaving all device off for 15min and then trying.

Help!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There have been an unusual number of posts on the board regarding concurrency errors lately so it may be there's an issue at NOW TV's end, but in general the error can appear up to 10 minutes after other devices have been streaming, and then it generally clears. With regards your Roku I'd try going into the NOW TV app and signing out of your account on the My Account screen, then sign back into your account again to see if it helps.

If it does keep happening though when no other boxes are streaming, then post back and a member of the NOW TV Team can look into it further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply.

I did try signing out and back in last night, also left all device off overnight and tried again this morning but still getting the error on the Roku device.

One thing i was thinking of trying was signing out on the Roku and then removing the Roku from my devices list under my account and then re-registering it.

Obviously not an ideal if it fixes it as you could only do this once a month.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Hmm, so you are getting the error message all the time, not just occasionally (ie soon after the other boxes have been in use)? If so, there's something amiss somewhere. If you get the error constantly you've nothing to lose by trying to remove your device and re-add it, although I'd probably try removing the NOW TV app and re-adding it rather than the device. You could also try signing out of the other NOW TV boxes as well.

But if that doesn't help, there's definitely something else going on that needs looking at, so post back and we can make a NOW TV team member aware for you.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

@Andy has given you some sound advice. Can I ask what you do when you finished watching content. Do you exit streams in the normal way by pressing the back button or are you turning your devices straight off of pressing home without exiting the streams first?   

I ask because I can remember helping out with an issue a long while ago, where the user's device wasn't remembering the time index they had got to so when they resumed the content. It played from the beginning rather than the appropriate time index. While this issue isn't exactly the same as yours in does prove that not exiting the streams properly can confuse the system. Depending on how the Roku stick works it may well be the case that turning the TV off may cause the stick itself to turn off. This could cause problems if you haven't exited the stream first .

As Andy has said after 10 minutes or so the system should realise that a particular device is no longer streaming but to be on the safe side and to see if it helps you. Make sure you exit streams by pressing the back button first and then when you're back on the content selection screen, press the home button to exit the app.

I hope you get this sortedSmiley Happy 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion i will give it a try when i get home and post back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I arrived home and tested the problem had cleared, so the roku was left turned off for 8 hours, it had been off overnight without clearing so maybe an issue NowTV's end.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also been having the same problem today
I rebooted all devices and my router and my roku box is working fine but my other 2 older boxes don't seem to be playing ball
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Thanks very much for your post and sorry to hear that you faced this error message.

I was just wondering if the error has cleared or if it is still ongoing ?

Would you also be able to let us know what you were doing on NOW TV just before the error appeared ? 

Lastly is there a rough time that this error appeared ?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Yes still getting the same problem