cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 103

keep getting error code 103   saying oops something went wrong etc    what is this please ???

113 REPLIES 113
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adding myself to this thread as this 103 error "Come back later" is driving me nuts! Been having this for a few weeks now. Get kicked out of live channels and on demand content with this error quite often. Was watching yestarday and was kicked out of two of 4 programmes.. which is bad when they are only 20 mins in length. Then went on to watch Sky one, same thing there. It is most annoying when your watching a programme and your kicked out in the last 2 minutes.. which seems has happened alot.

Only happens with content in the NowTV app.

Black NowTv Box fully updated. Has been hard reset and updated.

Internet provider is Sky, and no its not a provider or router issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Despite several calls, chats and emails with customer services I am no further forward.( spent 2 and a half hours on a chat with them at the weekend!) They have now told me that my boxes are at fault, despite having one for more than a year and just purchasing a new smart box 2 weeks ago (as I was trying to resolve the issue with that). I am getting really annoyed with this as they don't seem to take any notice of this thread, despite me telling them about it on more than one occasion. A solution really needs to be found as I am fed up paying for services that I cannot access!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting this error. Is there a solution as the service is not watchable at the moment.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what have you tried? Please give precise details. I was using my black box earlier and it was fine.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @AllysonC

Hi Guys

I got this 103 error three times while watching on iPlayer catch-up two episodes of "Death in Paradise", all I did was pause the screen, note the elapsed time, and then restart the programme. Sometimes the programme will restart itself from the beginning then I would scroll to the time when the error occurred and start watching again from there.

Personally, I think this 103 error something to so with Internet traffic, and although I can't substantiate my idea, it always seem to occur during peak evening time.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  possible I guess,  though most folk say they are fine watching Amazon and Netflix on other devices.  You can check how busy the WiFi channels are near you by user a WiFi analyser app on your mobile.  WiFi on 2ghz tends to choose channels 1, 6 or 11.  If one of these gets busy then even if you have brilliant internet speed it can't actual get to devices at a decent speed.  I guess a bit like the M25 in rush hour-  yes the road can be travelled along at 70mph but when there is a lot of traffics speeds might be less than half that for no reason other than volume of traffic.  Of course this in only a factor if you are connected via WiFi.  You can try other channels by going into the admin page for your router and selecting a new channel. Factors such as internet provider's internet traffic policy may also have an impact.  You would need to look at that.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi 4268

You have fleshed out my idea for better than I ever could, and I might try that "wi-fi analyser app" idea within the next week or so.

However, for me this "103 error" problem is minor because, I guess, I tend to watch NowTV at odd, non-peak, times.

Chhers

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me at least this error only ever pops up  during live and ondemand content within the NowTV app. Non of the other apps have problem encounted this problem. I use box+ alot for Kerrang and it never fails, despite streming for hours on end but i can then goto watch nowtv and receive this error 2-3 times within an hour.

I think the theory of intenet traffic is not a bad one, however i dont think the congestion is on the customers side but rather on NowTV's as it certainly does appear to be much worse during busy times, when the service is in high demand.

When this error pops up during ondemand content it is not possible to pause/resume. The stream stops, presents you with this error and you have to go back through the menu system to restart the programme. One thing i notice is that it doesnt resume from where last played either, the programme starts back at the beginning as if you never watched it so you have to FF to where you were. Which to me makes sence, if the connection is lost between the client and nowtv then sync/bookmarks info cant be sent.

From what ive found so far it appears that it is the server not repsonding (possibly due to being busy or a bug within the app) and not the fault of the customers connection. (Although of course that could also be the case for some).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. I have a Panasonic Viera TV and a white Now TV box. I have never had an issue before. It buffers and the picture quality is awful. Eventually it closes and says error 103. I had to give up again tonight. I have checked if it needs updated but apparently its up-to-date. I have a white box on another TV and it seems to work OK. It ius so ftustrasting as I never had an issue before. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update:After 18 emails back and forth between cutomer services and technical support, I have now been advised that it has been passed to 'a higher department' to investigate. I have been unable to watch any content via the Now TV app for months, regardless of the time of day. I have no difficulty watching other content online via Amazon Fire stick, Netflix etc so the broadband is not an issue. I purchased a new Smart Box and again this did not resolve the issue. Will be interesting to see when I hear back from Tech support and what they have to say.