cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

box just stopped on Sat 7.10.17 said no www then error code

HI Roko now box working great up until last week, picture quality not great and freezing, however can put up with it as www not so good here, however Satuday 7.10.17 it just stopped, said no www, we went to log back in (as we have to do every other day) it just would not work, everyone other device is working so clearly there is internet, then it came up with error code 014.50? we have reset, turned on and off, unplugged left it turned off for several hours, done hard reset, done everything the help centre said, nothing is working, please help, TIA x

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using a NowTV box (powered by Roku) or a full blown Roku Player ?

Is the box connected to your Router via Wifi, if so it maybe a WiFi connection issue between the box and your Router (perhaps the steps in this linked guide might be of some help).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

Also, what is the make and model of your Router ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the very quick response, we have tried everything that the help section suggest, we typed in the error code into google and it gave us the same link, we have done hard reset, unplugged it all and left it off for several hours, its been off for days now, thinking it might of needed, my husband managed to get to the secret platform and see the internet strenght plus bar graphs, everthing was green except the glitches per second which were very erract going from low to very high only a couple of times it went into the green, he then went through and changed all of the settings one at a time re network pings with little change.  we are still no closer to getting the now box to work,  it is a now tv box powered by roku.  we are now ready to reverse over the box with the car! (lol)  any suggestions would be great, as we are at a loss as to why it just stopped with no signs other than the last week or so its got frozen a bit and the picture quality has been a bit blurr then after a few seconds it catches up to itself and comes clear, at least every other day we have to log back onto the intenet as it says it's lost connection when we still have tablets, mobiles and laptops working with other apps and www access so we are not sure what could posibly be wrong. any ideas are greatly appreciated. TIA.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

All the NowTV boxes in my house are connected with a Ethernet cable to my BT Router so i don't get any WiFi related error codes on my box.

Unless any other helpful forum members can come to your aid on here, the only thing i could suggest is contacting NowTV Live Chat.

If you open my previous posted link page about error code 014 and click on the blue "Get in touch" button on the RHS of the screen, then on the new secondary page select the "Watching Now TV" option drop arrow and keep selecting most relevant topic until you see live chat option button. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried switching off the power to your Router, give it a minute or so then reboot it back on again ?

You could also try typing error code 014 in the forum search engine top left of your screen and see what results come up where you will need to read the threads for any tips or guidance how to resolve your problem.

Sorry i can't offer any further advice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks again for the quick reply , it still didn't work, we tried it all again but nothing, i did do live chat with their ppl at now tv the person advised me that there must be a fault with the box and to take it back to the retailer for an exchange as it is under warranty.  Easy to say, not so sure how i'd feel if it was out of warranty, I know they don't cost that much, but it's not the point. So thanks so much. 🙂