cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Warning App Version 4.4 Build 353 Breaks

Now TV app has just updated to 4.4 Build 353 on Roku Streaming Stick Plus.

This has occured on 3 of the same device tonight on different accounts (mine and friends)

It breaks resolution switching - so if your device is in 1080p (which this stick would be for all apps) it no longer performs a sync correctly and end up with only a 1/3 of the screen used. Setting the device to 720p is better but not correct, and who is going to change device settings each time they want to watch now TV?

Had a 30 minute chat session with support but could make them understand the issue, they just said to get the stick replaced (even though I told them I had replicated the issue by  a friend force updating his app through the Roku update system)

Hopefully someone a bit more technical will pick up on the issue at NowTV, otherwise the Roku Streaming Stick Plus is not longer good for NowTV (unless you want to watch in a small window)

Image of issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue that you have encountered. 

I've been informed that we should be rolling back this update overnight, but you can get round this now by performing an update to your stick manually. 

Can you please perform an update and let me know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this has happened to me. Update was yesterday and your description of the fault matches mine., using the new Roku 4k Stick.

mastanlem

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Must be only the Roku Streaming Stick Plus owners that is effected with this latest NowTV App update.

My Roku Express also had the NowTV App update version 4.4.353 and seems to be fine.

I will tag the @Anonymous User about this so they can jump on the case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is also corrupted on the Roku Ultra 4K, used in the uk.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

just reading a few post re watch list and I have noticed that the app affected is now tv trial app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have exactly this issue too. Using Roku streaming stick plus and launched NOW channel tonight for first time in a couple of days. Only fills about a third of the screen, left side.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here 32E1D0FF-8B7C-4853-9C6F-32956B89D465.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just hope Now TV respond to this issue.

I seriously have never come across such poor support chat as I did tonight, the person could not grasp the concept of it being an issue.

It concerns me there is no real way to log issues with Now TV if the chat agents refuses to understand the issue and will not deal with it.

I can just imagine people doing as their told and taking Rokus back to Currys because 'Now TV' it is the devices fault and is broken. Bad publicity for both Roku and NowTV.

Software bugs happen, but when a support agent basically tells you to go away because it is not their problem, that is when I have a concern start looking elsewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve also got this issue on a Roku ultra being used in the uk. Was absolutely fine until this update and all other apps are still working as they were. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Evening All

I too have  the same problem on my Roku Premiere (US model) and i do have a work around although it is only compromise rather than a solution.

For Now TV set your screen resolution on your roku to 720.  You will then get full screen albiet ony 720.  I believe that Now TV only streams in 720 so you shouldn't really see any difference in picture quality.

The reason why you only get a quarter picture is because 720 is 1/4 of the picture of 1080 and the app can't upscale the picture.  (i think that is correct - I looked at Wiki!)

The only problem is if you use Netflix or Plex then to get full HD/UHD you then have to change the settings back to 1080/2160.

Like I said a compromise but it solves the problem until Now TV supply a correct update.

Also my update happened this afternoon as i watched walking dead early afternoon and it was fine and went to watch something else this evening and the problem occured.