cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to log on

Yeah, I could do a forum search but I'm not gonna. Now Tv has been working great through my Roku 3 for the past few months, but today I can't log in. Have tried the correct username and password combo on my IPad with no problem, have tried it on my IPhone with no problem, have tried it on the Roku and it's not recognised. Am back to using Netflix unless I can sort it. Any clues? 

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User under the assumption the same workaround would help others with the same issue, would others who only see an email address on their account (with no username listed) also be able to use the same format for username? FIRSTNAMELASTNAME

Or is this something you had to create for me rather than it being a hidden thing in the backend?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sometimes customers create there own usernames @Anonymous User and others would be the same as yours which is your full name as One Word. A few posters have indicated that they have tried their usernames already however i know of one or 2 that are missing letters in the usernames and i'm waiting to hear back from them to correct the matter. No word from them yet however.

CheersSmiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm assuming these are the details you're after:

Software version: 7.0 build 4221 (I checked for an update while finding this, so looks like it's the latest available)

Model: 4500SK - NOW TV Box (is the Smart box, I posted here as this is where I found the most reports of the same issue and I knew the box is powered by Roku. I actually couldn't find the Smart Box forum initially as it's tucked away elsewhere in the community structure).

I've also grabbed the Serial number and Device ID if either of those are what you actually need rather than the Model details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

The serial number would be good also if you can. Also can you check if you got my email please.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I am having exactly the same issue. I've tried it with both my Now TV box and a Roku box. My login details work fine on iOS and the web, they also work when doing a hard reset of the box. But as soon as I try and sign into NowTV on either box - get the error "Sorry did not recognise your login".
Now box model: 2400sk, serial 1MH36H024586
Roku box model: 2710x, serial 1XC38X028213
I am getting no response to my customer service emails. Very close to quitting NowTV - please help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you check that your password doesn't have any special characters in it as this seems to be what most customers are having trouble with. Seems to have been a disabled feature on the boxes in a recent update that special characters are not working? If you do can you try changing your password to something that has no special characters and try logging in then?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with the log in uaing my white nowtv box. I can log in with any other device except my nowtv box. Cam anyone help?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Do you have any special characters in your Username,Email address or Password? if so this may be why it won't let you log in. If you do in your password please try changing this to a password with no special characters and test if you can sign in or not.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I have characters and numbers only in my passwords. My email is
[email removed],which contains no soecial characters as well. I am
still having the problem,could you please help me in this issue.

Kind regards
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters, such as an % or + or $, etc. 

If you have any of the above in your password this will be the cause of your 'log on' problem!

Cheers