cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to log on

Yeah, I could do a forum search but I'm not gonna. Now Tv has been working great through my Roku 3 for the past few months, but today I can't log in. Have tried the correct username and password combo on my IPad with no problem, have tried it on my IPhone with no problem, have tried it on the Roku and it's not recognised. Am back to using Netflix unless I can sort it. Any clues? 

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet has been reset. Password has been changed. Still able to log on using all other devices except for the Roku..... anyone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Might be a silly question but have your Tried resetting the box itself and updating the software to see if this helps?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have same problem. roku stick login not recognised. have 2 device add capability. this is a  v. recent problem. have talked to nowtv support for  two days. factory reset roku stick. no resolution. helpppppppppp.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can see 4 threads about this login issue on the first page of this forum. Has anyone actually been able to resolve it?

I recently switched to Now TV combo and received my Now TV router and Now TV branded Roku box. Inside a week of getting set up and the TV box is now refusing to accept my login details. I believe this happened after it auto updated itself a couple of days ago. The keyboard is now a different design from when I originally set up the device.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for this. It might be worth downloading the software again to see if it over rides the current update and fix the issue you can update the software by doing the following

Press

Home x5

Fast Forward x3

Rewind x2

And download the update it may be the current version thats ok its to force the update again to hopefully fix the issue. If this does not work please contact the combo team.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@EddieM wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for this. It might be worth downloading the software again to see if it over rides the current update and fix the issue you can update the software by doing the following

Press

Home x5

Fast Forward x3

Rewind x2

And download the update it may be the current version thats ok its to force the update again to hopefully fix the issue. If this does not work please contact the combo team.

Thanks

Eddie

@Anonymous User Already done that. Also tried powering done both the router and the TV box and then rebooting them both (router first, then TV Box). No dice. I've noted from the other threads that the others affected have also tried these approaches without success.

What I have been able to confirm now is that my TV Box updated itself overnight on the 8th Feb. It worked fine before then, and it's been unable to login since then. I'm going to hazard a guess it's got something to do with whatever was in that update package. Is there anyway to rollback to the original firmware to check?

(Edit: already logged a case and waiting for a reply on that. Hoping to get it resolved without their input if possible).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@EddieM wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Press

Home x5

Fast Forward x3

Rewind x2

Thanks

Eddie

@Anonymous User Already done that. Also tried powering done both the router and the TV box and then rebooting them both (router first, then TV Box). No dice. I've noted from the other threads that the others affected have also tried these approaches without success.

What I have been able to confirm now is that my TV Box updated itself overnight on the 8th Feb. It worked fine before then, and it's been unable to login since then. I'm going to hazard a guess it's got something to do with whatever was in that update package. Is there anyway to rollback to the original firmware to check?

(Edit: already logged a case and waiting for a reply on that. Hoping to get it resolved without their input if possible).

@Anonymous User any chance of further support on this issue? The case I raised via the website 4 days ago hasn't been responded to (Case ID: 01777392), and you've also not responded here having initially given me a starting point to try out.

I've now also reset the box, in addition to re-updating the firmware, resetting my password multiple times (which is now a lot less secure than it was, as I've removed some special characters in case they were causing the issue). Having reset the box, it accepted my (new) password during initial setup, but by the time I got to the NOW TV app it had forgotten my login details and wouldn't accept them upon re-entry.

From what I've seen, you're next question will be about whether I'm in the UK or using VPN that might make it look like I'm not in the UK. So to preemptively answer that question: I'm in the UK, using a NOW TV broadband connection through a NOW TV router using the out-of-the-box settings. Your systems *should* be seeing me as UK-based, and *should* be able to log me in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try these few steps please

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

and let us know how you get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User Can you try these few steps please http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku and let us know how you get on.