cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart tv

We have a smart tv but dont have sky tv . We have bought a nowtv box in order to get sky football but we cannot connect it to the tv does anyone know if smart tvs are compatible or not ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As long as your TV has an HDMi port, then you should be able to connect the Now TV box to it using the HDMi cable supplied with the box.

I imagine all smart TVs should be modern enough to have HDMi ports.  Unless you've used them all up already to connect other devices (DVD players etc).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As long as your TV has an HDMi port, then you should be able to connect the Now TV box to it using the HDMi cable supplied with the box.

I imagine all smart TVs should be modern enough to have HDMi ports.  Unless you've used them all up already to connect other devices (DVD players etc).

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No nothing else in the hdmi ports so are you saying it should work ?
Thanks for your response
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Should work, yes.  Have you changed the source to HDMi?  (There's usually a 'source' button on your TV remote to change the source.)

The TV has to be able to display at 60hz to work with the Now TV box.  PAL TVs are usually 50hz, but I think most modern sets should work at 60hz as well and automatically change.  If not, you might get a blue or purple screen.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Brother,

Which make and model of 'smart TV' do you have?

Cheers