cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky store

How two update sky store on now TV box when I click on the sky store it just says I need to update to latest version but can't find anyway of doing that I have two box's and thay both say the same the only update I can find is the box system update witch say box is at latest version any help
6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The Sky Store app should be working fine, which NOW TV boxes do you have? If you've been on a Sky Store trial in the past are you clicking on the Sky Store app and not any trial apps that might be on the boxes?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's the basic box all pass work and the sky store did work as rented a film a bit ago but when I press sky store on controller it now says it needs updating if I go to the apps screen and click on it there it also says i need to update to latest version but can't find anyway to do that
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Is it the white or black box? Because it's one of the few pre installed apps on the box the only way to force it to update is to do a factory reset which is a bit of a pain as you have to enter all your wifi, NOW TV account details etc again.

Can you do the following on one of your boxes - press the HOME button on the remote to make sure you are on the homescreen, then press 

HOMEx3 UPx2 LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT

fairly quickly. If you've done it right you should see a list of all the apps on the box with their version numbers, post back what the version number of the Sky Store app is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks just tried it again and it seems to be working again must of been some sort of glitch but seems OK now thanks for your help though
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries glad it's an easy fix!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would be inclined to try factory resetting one of your nowtv boxes to see if that makes a difference when accessing the Sky Store App.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

I doubt it will work, but suppose there is no harm in trying.

Surprised that both boxes are effected, just checked my box and I am getting no problems opening up the Sky Store App.

Edit ~ Phew seems like you are sorted Smiley Happy