cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku stick performance

I have a Now TV box in 3 rooms, but I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix accounts.

In the living room, I don't have a spare HDMI to plug in 2 separate devices, so rather than getting another Amazon Fire Stick and some sort of splitter to use that alongside the Now TV box, I was thinking of replacing the Now TV box there with a Roku, either a stick or the Roku 2. How does performance compared with the Now Box and / or the Amazon Fire Stick? Would I notice a significant drop off? Obviously the Roku stick is the cheapest option to go for, but if it's too slow that would put me off (I can actually access Netflix in the living room via my TiVo as we have virgin, however it's so painfully slow to use it puts me off bothering)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hughes (formerly Apollo2000 if you've heard of them) currently have the Roku 2 for sale at £55 if you're interested.

See here: http://www.hughes.co.uk/vision/internet-tv-and-media-streamers/rku-2-now/product

I previously said that it includes a NOW TV pass, looking at the T&C's that has expired, sorry!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will wait to see the price of the new roku stick when and if it comes, and have gone for the fire stick and HDMI switch for now as Netflix on the fire stick performs great - can move that to one of the bedrooms in future if the new Roku stick is reasonably priced or spot a good offer on the box. Only trouble is now I need an extra room for all the remotes!