cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Roku Search

I have a Roku Streaming Stick.  It's a shame that the Search function does not bring up results from Now TV and Sky Store.  Particularly since Sky is a partner with Roku in the UK (the Now TV boxes being simplified/restricted Roku boxes).

I know that I can still search separately within the Now TV and Sky Store apps.  But I use the Roku Search to add films I want to see to My Feed.  If a film then becomes available on Netflix or Amazon, it will show up in My Feed and I will watch it on one of those services.

Because films from Now TV and Sky Store won't show up in My Feed, I'm far more likely to watch them on Amazon etc.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DarylM

Thanks for your feedback. 

That's a very good idea, hopefully we'll have that feature available in the future 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DarylM

Thanks for your feedback. 

That's a very good idea, hopefully we'll have that feature available in the future 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just noticed a couple of days ago that this is now working

Search & My Feed now include NOWtv

I am using 7.1 of software on ROKU which was only offered for 24 hours, so not sure if this change is from that or an update from the NOWtv app

Official confirmation that Roku Search now includes NOW TV is now on the Roku UK Blog:

Roku UK: NOW TV added to Roku Search

Spoiler

"Great news for Roku users in the UK, we just added NOW TV to Roku Search! Roku Search allows you to search across popular streaming channels such as NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon Video and Google Play.

No longer do you have to zip in and out of channels to find what to watch. Just enter the name of the TV show or movie, or even the name of your favourite actor or director and Roku Search will tell you where and what is available to stream. Plus at what price, starting with free options at the top!

Imagine you decided tonight is movie night and you heard good things from a colleague about Inception with Leonardo DiCaprio, but you have no idea where to find it. With Roku Search you can find it quickly and will see that you can watch it for free with your NOW TV subscription or rent it from Amazon Video for just £2.49!

No time to watch it now? Just click Follow this movie on Roku and you will get notifications in your Roku Feed once the price changes or if the movie becomes available on another streaming channel.

Happy Streaming!"