cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku LT app buffering and crashing

Over at least the last week the app appears to have developed issues playing back. After a few minutes playing back Supergirl or Penny Dreadful it will buffer and not continue playing. I go back and play again, resuming and it will buffer again after a few minutes. The next time I try to resume the app crashes out. Any advice?

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi, 🙂

Does anything on this page help you?

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got a Roky 2XS, and am having the same issue.

THe Troubleshooting advice, was helpful thank you, but it didn't improve it (Mine was already set to Automatic Bitrate)

Checking the Roku system, It was updated on the 6th July, and is software version 7.2.0 Build 4100. Could these things be related?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi H

You said, "Checking the Roku system, It was updated on the 6th July, and is software version 7.2.0 Build 4100. Could these things be related?".

It is quite possible, the Roku OS could have become too big for the Roku LT system to continue to process it efficiently, which results in the whole system slowing down and buffering, ie. trying to keep up with the demands of the updated O/S.

However, the update could have introduced a bug or some sort of fault, which Roku may corrected later.

UK Bob

PS.  H, I just bounced over to the Roku forum (http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=95691) and found that other Roku users are also having buffering problems after getting the 7.2 Build 41x. update.

ukbobboy
Legend

As an addendum to my post above, I hope that Now TV, when it comes time to update our white box (Roku Lt clone), does not use this 7.2 build 4.1x O/S update.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday had the same buffering problems with NowTV on my poor little Roku LT, funny it does not effect Plex local or Internet based streaming. As you pointed out maybe the system is the problem. I do have an old NowTV white but haven't tested it as have maxed out my device limit for NowTV, tried it on NowTV black models and are perfect, no issues.

I did not use NowTV for a week maybe that is why have not noticed this till now. I think Roku LT might not get many more system updates as the box is phased out now. Even my beloved Plex does not get all the functionality that the Roku 2 or 3 get.

I would love NowTV more if they would bring more apps to their store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  It's been over a month and I'm still having the same problem and there doesn't seem to have been any official update on it, so just wondering if any of the other customers with the same issue have found a workaround?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have a look at the link that @ukbobboy has posted above to the Roku Forums there are some posts from the Roku Team in the last week that may be of interest to you.

Cheers

Andy