cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku 3 poor quality stream

Hi, at the start of the year i bought a Roku 3 so i could stream all of my subscriptions from one box.

The Now tv picture quality has always been poor compared to other services (Amazon prime for example)

I have a 40" 1080p TV and i have tried diferent bitrate settings, it is currently set to automatic and switching settings between 1080p and 720p makes no difference.

I have tried connecting via ethernet with the same results and changed hdmi cables.

If i stream now tv through my chromecast though the picture quality is a lot better, crystal clear and sharp.

Is there anything else i can do.

I could use another nowtv box but not with the 4 device limitation and having two boxes conected to the tv is not ideal anyway.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can`t find an edit so adding this.

I also have 55+ fibre speeds, i have tried rebooting the router and box, uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Everything else, Amazon, Netflix is oerfect and crystal clear it is just Now TV through my Roku 3 that streams poorly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

Could you try following these steps please.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for taking the time to reply Andy 🙂

I have just done this but he picture quality is still the same.

I tried to restart the network and the box but still no difference compared to a Chromecast or Nowtv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to the above i have also done a factory reset and still the same, everything else streams a  perfect quality picture apart from nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Can you try the Steps here http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie, yep everything all done and still the same, even connected via ethernet makes no difference.

The Chromecast tucked away behind the TV looks like a 720p stream whereas the Roku 3 is sd quality.

johnhood
Scholar 3

Noticed this issue since Monday during the midseason premiere of TWD! Tried a reset to no avail. Has been working perfectly up to this point.