cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku 3 Now TV app

On my new Roku 3 I cannot find anywhere a NowTV app - there are 25 apps listed under streaming channels but no NowTV app.  Is it hidden somewhere ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You've not changed your router settings to make it look like you are in the US have you (eg to watch Netflix US) or made any other changes to make the Roku think it is not located in the UK? The NOW TV app is only available in the UK Roku channel store, not any other location.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Just checked my Roku Stick menu and NowTV comes under Featured.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply but of the 11 featured there is no NowTV !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Are you using black NowTV box or genuine Roku 3?

On NowTV box NowTV app is installed automatically in Home

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Genuine Roku 3 box.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Apart from suggesting that you search through all the streaming channels I'm puzzled.

On both my actual Rokus ( LT and Streaming Stick) NowTV app is easy to find.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You've not changed your router settings to make it look like you are in the US have you (eg to watch Netflix US) or made any other changes to make the Roku think it is not located in the UK? The NOW TV app is only available in the UK Roku channel store, not any other location.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You were completely correct - but I found this out from the Roku help system - the clue seemed to be that Films and Tv were listed a Movies and TV !  They told me to delete my existing account (which I had set up before getting the box) and setup a new account.  This worked and I now have the full UK app set.  I had not done anything to make the box think that it was not in the UK.  I was connected only to UK broadband and I had used a PayPal account to set up the subscription.  The box had come from Amazon with a NowTv voucher.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad you’re sorted now, enjoy the app! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think what caused the problem was that I set up my Roku account before I got the box from a non UK location.  I have found that trouble I had was well worth it. The Roku 3 is so much better than the White Box or the LG Smart TV application.  It very fast to respond (unlike the White Box) and the apps are better.  For example the Sky News app shows the live Sky News feed first and the BBC iPlayer lets you go to the start of the program being streamed live.  However, what is really silly is that the volume control on the remote only controls the earpiece volume - it would be better if it controlled the HDMI output volume when the earpiece is unplugged;  the system settings allow the volume output on HDMI to be set at low, medium or high so this should be possible.