cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purple screen

Hi I have a problem with viewing movies. The box I'm using is a 2400SK Roku L-T it is functioning correctly with choosing options on the menus until I try selecting a movie to watch. As soon as I do it starts to stream the film and then all of a sudden the screen turns purple but the sound is still audible from the film. I have checked its software, disconnected it's mains cable and checked it's hdmi connections. I've also tried a system reset on the box and turned off its screen saver. I have heard of issues with sky boxes conflicting with now tv too so I disconnected it from the mains and the hdmi from the sky box to the tv but alas I still am incurring the same fault. Would someone please advise me on what to do next as I think I've run out of options
7 REPLIES 7
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I have a problem with viewing movies. The box I'm using is a 2400SK Roku L-T it is functioning correctly with choosing options on the menus until I try selecting a movie to watch. As soon as I do it starts to stream the film and then all of a sudden the screen turns purple but the sound is still audible from the film. I have checked its software, disconnected it's mains cable and checked it's hdmi connections. I've also tried a system reset on the box and turned off its screen saver. I have heard of issues with sky boxes conflicting with now tv too so I disconnected it from the mains and the hdmi from the sky box to the tv but alas I still am incurring the same fault. Would someone please advise me on what to do next as I think I've run out of options

Hi @Anonymous User

I would suggest replacing the HDMI cable that connects your Roku LT to your TV. As the cables age and the contacts become worn high-definition content protection (HDCP) can sometimes throw its teddy out the pram. Which is what I think has happened here. If replacing the cable doesn't resolve the issue. Then there is an issue with your box itself

When you get issues relating to her HDCP you will get one of three things

• No audio
  • no picture
  • funny coloured picture (which is what you're getting)

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi commanda6,
I'm sure I do not have fault in my hdmi cable as it shows all menus on screen. like I said it is only when starting to stream a film to watch does it decide to produce a purple screen it is not a constant fault. When I first opened an account with now TV I had this box sent to me so if I am to replace it will I be charged?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the HDCP (Copy Protection) only kicks in when video is played. As @commanda6 said HDMI cables can be the cause, as can HDMI switches between the box and TV. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi commanda6,
I'm sure I do not have fault in my hdmi cable as it shows all menus on screen. like I said it is only when starting to stream a film to watch does it decide to produce a purple screen it is not a constant fault. When I first opened an account with now TV I had this box sent to me so if I am to replace it will I be charged?

Hi @Anonymous User

Do you mean you brought a white nowTV box when you signed up for now TV? If the box was brought directly from nowTV less than 12 months ago now TV will replace the box if it is faulty, but it is most likely your HDMI cable, which is causing the problem.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the fault seems to have corrected itself, this morning I tried it again just on a whim and works normally again now, movies are viewable upon selection again maybe a problem at now tv's end? Glitches happen I appreciate. Thank you you all for your time in replying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the purple screen is nothing to do with something at NOW TVs end, it's as we keep saying an issue with the TV not confirming to the box that copy protection is enabled, the cause of which will be the TV, the HDMI cable or a switch in between. Often just switching sources on the TV can clear it, pulling out the cable, or turning the devices off and back on again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you read my previous posts you would have seen that I had already taken all the actions you had described. I changed the hdmi for a new cable upon checking the connections but, still had same fault and being that the fault never happened before,I doubt very much the TVs was the problem as the fault is gone. But thanks again for your time in replying