cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor Service-Little Help found.

Signed up for a free trial on Saturday and tried to set up service on my Roku box today. No go. It would not accept my username/password even after I reset the password.

Tried to find out whether my Roku 1 box was compatible with NOW TV but FAQ item was no longer working. Checked in my account details and found that Payment details were not greened out; clicked on payment details to fill in but browsers would not let me in as "too many Directs". Disabled cookies but can now no longer log in .

Tried to download TV app but cannot see how I can "play" any item to download to start the App!

I was up and running Netflix in 5 minutes!

There must be more clear instructions- a sticky?-for newbies. Unless I can get the thing working this afternoon I will cancel the subscription and go round to my neighbours for GOTs. 

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that recent NOW TV 'app' updates have either broken or withdrawn support for some special characters on some playback devices...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No special characters but found solution. For some reason, after several hours and many failed attempts. I could finally get into Payment Details and put in my card information etc. Voila!!!!

It would help all newbies if we were sent an email stating to check that our Payment Details were filled in before setting up our Username/PW on a Device.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would help all newbies if we were sent an email stating to check that our Payment Details were filled in before setting up our Username/PW on a Device.

Hi @Anonymous User,

For security reasons you need to set up your username and password first 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had set up a Username and PW the day before on line and could therefore log in to my Account. The problem was that when I signed in originally and gave my Card details for some reason this was not carried through to my on line Account. But I could not check this as for some reason, already stated above I could not check my payment details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried a day pass twice recently to watch the Mexican & Brazilian Grand prix, & the "reception" was appaling, such that I won't be trying again. NB I was watching on my Computer linked to my TV with an HDMI cable. It was like watching a series of still photographs strung together. Now I know we don't have the best broadband in the world, it was 6.7mb download on Sunday which is fine for watching Amazon Prime & BBC i-player Ihave also watched F1 using Sky on the go. So I suspect it was caused by the NOW TV server not being able to cope with the number of people watching/downloading this particular transmission. I don't know what "quality" the picture was in ie HD or lower, but I could not find an option to reduce picture quality.