cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality drops

I'am having trouble while watching sky sports on my nowtv box. The picture quality drops in and out and sometimes stops and freezes up. Ive got 80mbits fiber and tested this regularly. Ive even replaced my router and moved it next to the tv. But still it drops out. Its not worth watching . £33 for a months pass for this is a bit of a joke. I have an old white nowtv box without a hard wire connection. Any suggestions...
5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It's not a good idea to have the router right next to the device you are streaming to, I suggest you place it at least a couple of metres apart. Try rebooting the broadband router to make sure it's on the best wireless channel, and try  a forced software update on the NOW TV box to see if it helps.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

If it doesn't I'd suggest popping onto live chat to see if they can help further, although the white NOW TV box is getting pretty old now and apps do run slowly on them, at some point if you want to continue with NOW TV I'd suggest upgrading to the new NOW TV stick.

You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a Now Tv stick and we still have the same problems. We have contacted Now Tv and are waiting a reply from them as they know there is a big problem.

chilli2
Elite

If its a Now TV stick, then you may get a better answer in the Now TV stick sub forum https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/bd-p/NTVStick as this is is for Roku devices, which will either be the purple stick, or the Stick+

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is just a sujession, but try and sellect a higher resilution for you TV, that should hopful work for you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried everything. So I have purchased the new now tv stick and connected to the 5g wireless. This stick works so much faster and seams to have sorted the buffering and picture quality issues.
Thanks for the help. Guess old tech syndrome again.