Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

Riley86 wrote:

I am currently having this issue as well. I have a Roku box which is connected to a Samsung 32" TV. We also have on here various Catch Up channels and Netflix and they are all working fine. 

This has only started happening today (we have had NowTV for nearly 2 years) and it's affecting both the movies and Entertainment packages. Does anyone have any ideas?

What's your Roku box's 'model number' and 'Software Version'?

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

ljpaddington wrote:
This seems to be affecting more n more Roku users... This suggests to me that it's not the compatability to our TVs... I have now cancelled my subscriptions due to this issue not being fixed! It's weird because the whole layout of the selection films is on the whole screen and the buffering sign is in the middle of the screen whilst the movie is loading yet when the movie starts it only plays in the top right hand corner. I would like my £9.99 refunded for this month but I won't hold my breath

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Advocate

Hi all - this started happening to me 3 days ago. I can access Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC I Player with no problem but I can't watch Now TV through it at all. Surely it must be a Now TV issue as I too have had Now through my Roku box for well over a year now and this is the first time it has ever happened. 

Has anyone actually managed to fix the issue?

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

kikibeevis wrote:

Hi all - this started happening to me 3 days ago. I can access Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC I Player with no problem but I can't watch Now TV through it at all. Surely it must be a Now TV issue as I too have had Now through my Roku box for well over a year now and this is the first time it has ever happened. 

Has anyone actually managed to fix the issue?

Thanks

Highlighted
Mentor

Nowtv only playing in corner of screen

I've just had this problem start today. When watching a program or movie this is only playing in the top left corner of my screen. I see others have had this problem but I can't see any solutions...
Everything is in full screen until what I want to watch starts to play?? I use a Roku LT box & have had Nowtv on there since 2013 with no issues... My son also has a Nowtv white box on the same account but he has no issues... So why has this started happening on mine. All other apps work fine, no settings have been changed, so I really don't understand. I would really like a solution on this as I don't want to keep something I can't use.
Has anyone managed to fix this yet?

Highlighted
Mentor

Model is 200, software version is 7.0 build 9037. Noticed that the update was applied on the same day the issue started occurring. 

Highlighted
Advocate

Have been using ROKU LT boxes on two tvs in house, and have started geting this problem with Now TV  last night. All other streaming channels work full screen, WiFi is super fast, but all Now TV content is only displaying in a box anchored in top left hand of screen, covering approx 40% of screen. Both tvs are diferent make and model, one much newer than the other. 

My guess is that there is a glitch or an update that has occured on or around 23/11 that has caused this - possibly similar to a problem i had with BBC i player on Roku a while back, where the picture was too big - meaning you could not read the iplayer menu correctly.

Could someone please offer me an explainatiln please, and sort this quickly?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Nowtv only playing in corner of screen

i have the same prob not a happy bunny

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Riley86 @nigelw @ljpaddington @kikibeevis @RhiT @HSNAV and @wxmroy,

I've raised this to our technical team to look into, as there were three separate topics about this issue (I've merged them all together now).

Can you all confirm for me how you're connecting to your TVs? This post by @teejay1 seems to suggest they were using the AV cable when it stopped working, but switching to HDMI made it work. If you could let me know if you're using the AV cable too, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted
Mentor

Tom,

I am indeed using an AV cable, my Roku box is an older version and does not
have HDMI capabilities unfortunately.

Regards

Richard Riley