cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the-nadger Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Roku box only showing now tv in top left corner

It must be stressed that automatic update to Version 7.0 doesn't cause problems with Roku LT that's connected via HDMI and correctly set to 720p.

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Holland113
Scholar

Re: Nowtv only playing in corner of screen

Just an update for those still watching a quarter screen image: after yet another email, two representatives from NOW TV got back to me, both suggesting I use an HDMI cable. When I explained yet again that this was not feasible the last message sent said: "Due to the severity of the issue, our relevant team is still working on it and will get in touch with you soon. Your patience is much appreciated. This should be fixed at the earliest."

I'll make no further comment, except to say that ROKU have remained silent on the issue.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to acknowledge the posts here as a number of people have been asking for that, and promise you that we're working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

There's no point in contacting our live chat or email teams, as they don't have any more information than we have here. We'll share news as soon as there is any.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Roku box only showing now tv in top left corner

Not everyone has HDMI. And while increased customer complaints will no doubt increase pressure on Roku, surely pressure from NowTV itself would carry even more weight.

0 Thanks
paul31
Advocate

Re: Not playing on full screen

I have the same problem. A small picture in the top left of the screen. I haven't found a solution yet.  Must be a now tv issue as netflix and amazon are all OK

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Not playing on full screen

@paul31 wrote:

I have the same problem. A small picture in the top left of the screen. I haven't found a solution yet.  Must be a now tv issue as netflix and amazon are all OK

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Please refer to the previous posts within this topic, for a solution and the reason why you are having this issue!

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

0 Thanks
elowarr
Mentor

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

I'm having the same problem the last few days.  i'ts connected through the av cable No hdmi on the tv but has bee working fine.

Paying £15.98 a month for something I can't watch!!  Time to cancel until it's sorted.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@elowarr wrote:

I'm having the same problem the last few days.  i'ts connected through the av cable No hdmi on the tv but has bee working fine.

Paying £15.98 a month for something I can't watch!!  Time to cancel until it's sorted.

May I suggest that you also take your complaint to Roku. As it was their 'automatic' software update that caused this issue - Not Now TV...

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@elowarr

If you are able to get access to a TV with HDMI temporarily, you might find the following suggestion by @mllnow  useful

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Roku/Only-using-1-4-of-my-screen/m-p/340513#M1811

0 Thanks
Agent99
Scholar

@Tom-R

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking in but what I've been asking for is a timeframe. As I've said several times before (but will say again because someone who's trying to help probably won't have the stamina to read through all the past posts) I don't have the settings options or an HDMI option available so can't do a qucik fix myself.

I just wanted to know how long it'll be until the 'fix' is operational because I wanted to cancel my Now TV movie sub but because no one responded to my question my direct debit has already been taken out for this month. I'm a bit cross about that because I tried watching a movie on the little screen and it was most unenjoyable so wish someone has answered me so I could have saved a little money.

Please please can you just tell me how long it's likely to be before you guys can fix this - if you can't be specific can you at least let us know if it's going to be before Christmas or after (so I can get some DVDs in!!)

Looking forward to a reply,

'99