Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: I have a roku box and It is only using 1/4 of the screen

@Mark85 wrote:

could this please be fixed soon please because dont plan on buying another hd tv just yet and it used to work fine before now tv updated it. thanks πŸ™‚ 

If you read through this topics previous comments you'll discover that Now TV did not produce the 'update' that caused your issue. Roku did!

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: I have a roku box and It is only using 1/4 of the screen

@Mark85 try plugging the Roku box into your HDTV via HDMI and switching the setting to one of the HD options, then plug it back into the old TV. That worked for some people.

Thanks,

Tom

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

Hi I have a LG Smart tv and this happens it used to reset back to full screen once you fast forward and rewind again. It used to happen infrequent so wasn't an issue but now it's all the time and doesn't resolve so leaves me unable to view my movies or entertainment package. I can't find a number to call or log this issue I have no option but to cancel now which is a shame.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sal5 wrote:
Hi I have a LG Smart tv and this happens it used to reset back to full screen once you fast forward and rewind again. It used to happen infrequent so wasn't an issue but now it's all the time and doesn't resolve so leaves me unable to view my movies or entertainment package. I can't find a number to call or log this issue I have no option but to cancel now which is a shame.

Hi @Sal5

Do you have a now TV box or a Roku connected to your LG TV? If you do it needs to be connected using HDMI and assuming the Roku/nowTV box and the TV supports it. The display settings on the box, need to be set to 1080p. If your kit doesn't support 1080p, then the settings on the box need to be set to 720p.

If you don't have a box connected to the TV and this is happening specifically when using the now TV app on your LG TV, then you need to post a new topic in the LG TV board as this needs to be dealt with as a separate issue.

I hope what I've said above helps you Smiley Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.

Highlighted
Advocate

Hi I don't have a box it's a smart TV with now to as an app and its full 1080p tv. The shows are top left corner nothing you can do on the aspect on the tv it just stretches the screen as you see it. No HDMI cables involved

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sal5 wrote:
Hi I don't have a box it's a smart TV with now to as an app and its full 1080p tv. The shows are top left corner nothing you can do on the aspect on the tv it just stretches the screen as you see it. No HDMI cables involved

Very weird...

What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the Now TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Cheers

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’

Highlighted
Advocate

Hello,

I am having problems with the vision only showing in 1/4 screen. I do not have an HD Tv and therefore cannot try the HDMI solution. Can you please help.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @WirralBlue

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that 😞 

Just to confirm, are you using Roku or NOW TV (white) Box?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks for your willingness Birgit. I'm using a Roku box.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @WirralBlue,

Thanks for that information.

I'll send you  and email with  a request for some more details shortly.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks