cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have just signed up today to now tv and I am using it on my roku box but it is not displaying the movie full screen the details and that are full screen just not the movie and it isn't the TV and Netflix works. I have just gone and brought a hdmi cable as I read on this first but it still isn't working can you help me ASAP. As I am ill and have to spend the next few days in bed and I need this
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you also need to set the Display Settings to 720p or 1080p in the roku Settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Brill thank you all working x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too, and tried using the fix you suggest, but I can't find that option anywhere on my roku. please can you advise how I find it? Many thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User when you have all the tiles with the different services move all the way left, and then down until you find Settings. Inside here is Display Settings and if you have a HDMI cable plugged in 720p should be available to select.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah, HDMI cable? What is this?!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ah, HDMI cable? What is this?!

Fortunately the HDMI lead is included with the Now TV 'black' box. Both your television and your Now TV box will have the word 'HDMI' clearly identified above their HDMI port.

By-the-way, what make and model of television do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Fortunately the HDMI lead is included with the Now TV 'black' box. Both your television and your Now TV box will have the word 'HDMI' clearly identified above their HDMI port.

@SeeMoreDigital except this is the Roku subsection and the user has a Roku box. Those for some reason don't come with HDMI cables.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

artesea wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital except this is the Roku subsection and the user has a Roku box. Those for some reason don't come with HDMI cables.

Jeez really... That's not very consumer friendly Smiley Surprised

ukbobboy
Legend

SMD

I guess you already know that very few products come with the necessary cables, for example the latest piece of electronic kit I bought actually came with the following:-

1) An old fashioned (and useless) ribbon cable for FM radio.

2) A single stereo cable with head phone plugs at both ends.

They could have ditched those silly cables and enclosed a single optical cable instead, which was actually required.

Still, I knew I had to buy an optical cable anyway, due diligence research, so I was prepared.

UK Bob