cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I don't have a box it's a smart TV with now to as an app and its full 1080p tv. The shows are top left corner nothing you can do on the aspect on the tv it just stretches the screen as you see it. No HDMI cables involved
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I don't have a box it's a smart TV with now to as an app and its full 1080p tv. The shows are top left corner nothing you can do on the aspect on the tv it just stretches the screen as you see it. No HDMI cables involved

Very weird...

What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the Now TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the app is version 2.0.4, my tv is. Connected via wifi and is situated very close to the access point. I have tried launching the app from the content store. The very weird thing is if you fast forward and rewind a program it sometimes comes back to full screen but very rare.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for that information, would you be able to provide the additional information that @SeeMoreDigital has asked for in the post above.

This will help us get the correct information to you.

Thanks

Andy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

To avoid confusion,

Perhaps all the posts/responses regarding LG televisions should be moved into the LG Devices sub-section Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am having problems with the vision only showing in 1/4 screen. I do not have an HD Tv and therefore cannot try the HDMI solution. Can you please help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that 😞 

Just to confirm, are you using Roku or NOW TV (white) Box?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your willingness Birgit. I'm using a Roku box.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for that information.

I'll send you  and email with  a request for some more details shortly.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, im having this issue too. we are using a Roku LT on a Hitachi tv. We bought this

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1083820.htm 

HDMI cable and it is not working (ie no purple Roku writing comes up.) can you tell me, is the cable just not suitable or should i take it back and say its faulty? 

Thank you