cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well.......

If sofasloth requires an HDMI lead (and for what-ever reason is unable to purchase one), I'm willing to put a genuine Now TV HDMI lead in an envelope and post it out Smiley Wink

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Well.......

If sofasloth requires an HDMI lead (and for what-ever reason is unable to purchase one), I'm willing to put a genuine Now TV HDMI lead in an envelope and post it out Smiley Wink

Cheers

Well it HDMI cables people need. I can recommend these Smiley Wink They are HDMI 1.4 compliant. There is HDMI two version as well

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Nice cables and at a reasonable price, I would definitely buy them if I was in the market for new HDMI cables.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi there ive got same problem on my roku 2 xs connected to an sd tv in my bed room, the hd tv in living room connected to new now tv box is fine. could this please be fixed soon please because dont plan on buying another hd tv just yet and it used to work fine before now tv updated it. thanks 🙂 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

could this please be fixed soon please because dont plan on buying another hd tv just yet and it used to work fine before now tv updated it. thanks 🙂 

If you read through this topics previous comments you'll discover that Now TV did not produce the 'update' that caused your issue. Roku did!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User try plugging the Roku box into your HDTV via HDMI and switching the setting to one of the HD options, then plug it back into the old TV. That worked for some people.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

If you have a look at the link @ukbobboygave us (thanks!) you can use that cable to connect your box to your TV.

You can then follow the steps that @Anonymous User provided (always thanking you haha) and that should fix the issue 🙂

If it doesn't then just check your TV aspect ratio is set to 16:9. You can do this by using your TV remote.

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have a LG Smart tv and this happens it used to reset back to full screen once you fast forward and rewind again. It used to happen infrequent so wasn't an issue but now it's all the time and doesn't resolve so leaves me unable to view my movies or entertainment package. I can't find a number to call or log this issue I have no option but to cancel now which is a shame.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I have a LG Smart tv and this happens it used to reset back to full screen once you fast forward and rewind again. It used to happen infrequent so wasn't an issue but now it's all the time and doesn't resolve so leaves me unable to view my movies or entertainment package. I can't find a number to call or log this issue I have no option but to cancel now which is a shame.

Hi @Anonymous User

Do you have a now TV box or a Roku connected to your LG TV? If you do it needs to be connected using HDMI and assuming the Roku/nowTV box and the TV supports it. The display settings on the box, need to be set to 1080p. If your kit doesn't support 1080p, then the settings on the box need to be set to 720p.

If you don't have a box connected to the TV and this is happening specifically when using the now TV app on your LG TV, then you need to post a new topic in the LG TV board as this needs to be dealt with as a separate issue.

I hope what I've said above helps you Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.