cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am connected via the AV cable as I have no other option, I have cancelled both my movie and enterntainment subscription until this problem has been resolved.

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please let us know if you are connecting with a HDMI cable or an AV cable? 

We are working with roku to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

elowarr wrote:

I am connected via the AV cable as I have no other option, I have cancelled both my movie and enterntainment subscription until this problem has been resolved.

For anyone who wants to view Now TV but still does not have a television with an HDMI input, an 'intermediate option' would be to find/use one of the original 'white' Now TV Box's...

Cheers all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having exactly the same problem with my roku box for a month now. If the issue will be resolved soon then I would be happy but otherwise I would like to cancel my subscription. I would ask for a refund on my last month's subscription as I ski unable to watch anything so small. When do you expect to have an update? Many thanks
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are working with Roku to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

We hope to have an update soon. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a fix for this for Roku users on AV cables yet or like to be soon.

I cannot use an hdmi cable nor do I have an option to set to 720p I have 2 rokus that have both been affected for months.

EVERYTHING in the NOW TV app displays fine EXCEPT the movie or show even the info and search bar whilst content is playing just not the content  what is going on !!!???

If I can't get a fix I'm going to have cancel my subscription as now tv is of no use just now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We are still awaiting a software update from Roku to fix this issue, it was due to a previous software update by Roku that lead to this display error.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this issue still outstanding? 

I'm the same problem with my av cable from Roku box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User yeah, see the post directly above yours. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My screen is 1/4 of the size. I happened one day in November when I was watching: 'Its a Wonderful Life' I thought at first it was because of the film. I see many people have the same problems. Can I get a response from Now TV of how to correct this problem. I have contacted ROKU and they have stated that the problems has nothing to do with the unit. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User on your Roku head to Settings, Display Settings and make sure it's set to 720p and not SD or HD. You can only switch it whilst connected via HDMI, so if you are using an AV cable you'll need to find someone with a HD TV, wait for Roku to fix the fault they introduced with the boxes firmware update or for NOW TV to patch their app.