cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Nowtv only playing in corner of screen

Hi @Agent99,

I totally get that what everybody wants is a timescale for a fix, but unfortunately this just isn't something we can provide.

The only time we'll know how long it takes to fix is when it's fixed, and no sooner. It's a complex one as well, as the issue occurred following the Roku firmware update - we didn't change anything on our side. So the resolution to that could come from us, or it could come from Roku. 

We're working on it and will fix it as soon as we possibly can.

Thanks,

Tom

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

elowarr
Mentor

Re: Only using 1/4 of my screen

Which I have and was told that they were looking into it, but I'm not paying Roku a subscription I'm paying NowTv! perhaps Now Tv should give Roku a rocket to get this problem sorted  because of the unsatisfied Now Tv customers that are cancelling !!

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@elowarr wrote:

Which I have and was told that they were looking into it, but I'm not paying Roku a subscription I'm paying NowTv! perhaps Now Tv should give Roku a rocket to get this problem sorted  because of the unsatisfied Now Tv customers that are cancelling !!

Hmmm...

So if say, LG upgrade the firmware on my television and I can no longer access the Amazon Instant service correctly on my LG television. By your logic it's Amazons fault, is it?

Please think this issue through. And complain to the correct company!

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Holland113
Scholar

Perhaps if you read elowarr's note a little more carefully rather than attempt a patronising tone you would understand the simple point being made by elowarr and many others, namely that the contract is between Now TV and its customers. Now TV is not fulfilling that contract and, until recently, all enquiries or complaints have been met with silence; now we are told to lay the blame at Roku's door. This latter point may well be correct, but telling a customer to go sort it out with Roku, when the commercial might of Now TV appears to be impotent is not exactly a demonstration of good customer relations, nor an example of taking the contract seriously.

The first post on this problem was well over two weeks ago and we appear to be no nearer to a solution. Roku certainly have not shown themselves in a good light, but attacking customers who are now plainly frustrated by the whole affair is not wise. I have no idea who elowarr is but he/she deserves better than this.

SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

It would seem that some of you are under some missguided illusion that I work and speak for Now TV.... I don't.... I'm actually a Now TV customer just like you guys!

I'd be interested to know how many people who have posted within this topic have complained to Roku. Hopefully it's all of you!

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
trago778
Advocate

Thanks mllnow worked perfectly

0 Thanks
elowarr
Mentor

Thanks Holland113 at least you understand what i'm getting at.

What is this?????

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE, I'M NOT A 'NOW TV' EMPLOYEE I'M A REGULAR 'NOW TV' CUSTOMER JUST LIKE YOU • SO IF I'VE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON •

LG TV 1 @ Model no: 60PH660V | Software ver: 05.03.08 | OS: Google TV LG TV 2 @ Model no: 32LN575V | Software ver: 04.27.02 | OS Google TV Post-processing options: Off | NOW TV app ver: 1.3.7 •

NOW TV Box @ Model no: Black (Box 2) | Software ver: 6.2 Build 5109 | NOW TV app ver: 2.4.84 Tesco @ Model no: Hudl 2 | Android ver: 5.1 | NOW TV app ver: 4.3.1 •

Networking Spec @ ISP: Virgin Media (50Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired (except Hudl 2) | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting)

Mate you need to get out more!

0 Thanks
Danny57
Mentor

Everything perfect till now tv soft ware upgrade ! Can't speak in person to now tv by phone , no one educated enough to fix the problem ! Time to tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine !!

0 Thanks
elowarr
Mentor

After having a web chat with a NowTv advisor this afternoon I have cancelled all my subscriptions and will not be coming back until this problem is sorted! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
mlang
Mentor

Why? Why on earth is this taking so long to fix?

From the earlier suggested solution, along with the fact that this isn't happening to any other channels on my Roku box, it would suggest that the Now software is trying to recreate the wheel and detect the screen size for itself. Again, why?

The Roku firmware upgrade may well be the cause of the problem, but that doesn't mean the firmware is at fault. It feels as if they've bug fixed something that the Now channel was using. None of the other channels are displaying this problem.

Whilst we await a proper fix, can't Now at least issue a build that allows users to override the defaults irrespective of the screen connection they're using? Surely that shouldn't take weeks?

In the meantime, we're paying for a service we can't use on our TVs.