cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Joyhorn wrote:
Mine has been like this for 6 days if this issue is not resolved soon I shall be cancelling both movie and entertainment package and shall expect a refund for this month and it's unwatchable

Is there any particular reason why you are not using your Roku's HDMI output connection to your television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem the last few days.  i'ts connected through the av cable No hdmi on the tv but has bee working fine.

Paying £15.98 a month for something I can't watch!!  Time to cancel until it's sorted.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having the same problem the last few days.  i'ts connected through the av cable No hdmi on the tv but has bee working fine.

Paying £15.98 a month for something I can't watch!!  Time to cancel until it's sorted.

May I suggest that you also take your complaint to Roku. As it was their 'automatic' software update that caused this issue - Not Now TV...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which I have and was told that they were looking into it, but I'm not paying Roku a subscription I'm paying NowTv! perhaps Now Tv should give Roku a rocket to get this problem sorted  because of the unsatisfied Now Tv customers that are cancelling !!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Which I have and was told that they were looking into it, but I'm not paying Roku a subscription I'm paying NowTv! perhaps Now Tv should give Roku a rocket to get this problem sorted  because of the unsatisfied Now Tv customers that are cancelling !!

Hmmm...

So if say, LG upgrade the firmware on my television and I can no longer access the Amazon Instant service correctly on my LG television. By your logic it's Amazons fault, is it?

Please think this issue through. And complain to the correct company!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perhaps if you read elowarr's note a little more carefully rather than attempt a patronising tone you would understand the simple point being made by elowarr and many others, namely that the contract is between Now TV and its customers. Now TV is not fulfilling that contract and, until recently, all enquiries or complaints have been met with silence; now we are told to lay the blame at Roku's door. This latter point may well be correct, but telling a customer to go sort it out with Roku, when the commercial might of Now TV appears to be impotent is not exactly a demonstration of good customer relations, nor an example of taking the contract seriously.

The first post on this problem was well over two weeks ago and we appear to be no nearer to a solution. Roku certainly have not shown themselves in a good light, but attacking customers who are now plainly frustrated by the whole affair is not wise. I have no idea who elowarr is but he/she deserves better than this.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It would seem that some of you are under some missguided illusion that I work and speak for Now TV.... I don't.... I'm actually a Now TV customer just like you guys!

I'd be interested to know how many people who have posted within this topic have complained to Roku. Hopefully it's all of you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mllnow worked perfectly

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Holland113 at least you understand what i'm getting at.

What is this?????

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE, I'M NOT A 'NOW TV' EMPLOYEE I'M A REGULAR 'NOW TV' CUSTOMER JUST LIKE YOU • SO IF I'VE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON •

LG TV 1 @ Model no: 60PH660V | Software ver: 05.03.08 | OS: Google TV LG TV 2 @ Model no: 32LN575V | Software ver: 04.27.02 | OS Google TV Post-processing options: Off | NOW TV app ver: 1.3.7 •

NOW TV Box @ Model no: Black (Box 2) | Software ver: 6.2 Build 5109 | NOW TV app ver: 2.4.84 Tesco @ Model no: Hudl 2 | Android ver: 5.1 | NOW TV app ver: 4.3.1 •

Networking Spec @ ISP: Virgin Media (50Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired (except Hudl 2) | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting)

Mate you need to get out more!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you are able to get access to a TV with HDMI temporarily, you might find the following suggestion by @Anonymous User  useful

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Roku/Only-using-1-4-of-my-screen/m-p/340513#M1811