cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only using 1/4 of my screen

When I start playing a movie it only plays in the top right corner of the screen!!!!!!! I have tried several different movies and all do the same 😡 It's not my TV as all other channels are fine!!!
245 REPLIES 245
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Any idea when this problem will be sorted???

If you refer to some of the previous posts, it's been suggested that you contact Roku directly, as it was their 'automatic' software upgrade that caused the issue with the Now TV app in the first place.

It's far more likely that the more people who complain to Roku, the more quickly they'll resolve the issue!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It must be stressed that automatic update to Version 7.0 doesn't cause problems with Roku LT that's connected via HDMI and correctly set to 720p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've found the solution given above works for me but you need a HDMI cable temporarily. I've listed every exact step I used.

1. Connect Roku to TV using HDMI cable
2. Go to Settings - Display Type - select 720p (or 1080p)
3. Open NOW TV and start playing a video over HDMI
4. With the video still playing, unplug HDMI and connect back using AV cable
5. The video is now full screen for me. Even when playing another video or closing and reopening the app.

Hope that helps some people.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you can connect using HDMI why bother playing about?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you can connect using HDMI why bother playing about?

Agreed...

Connecting via HDMI offers much better looking images. If your TV has HDMI inputs you should use them Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not everyone has HDMI. And while increased customer complaints will no doubt increase pressure on Roku, surely pressure from NowTV itself would carry even more weight.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using an AV connection. I have tried to reset the box in both display settings 4:3 and 16:9. Is the only way to fix this by using an HDMI cable?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I am using an AV connection. I have tried to reset the box in both display settings 4:3 and 16:9. Is the only way to fix this by using an HDMI cable?

@Anonymous User NOW TV will update the app shortly to provide full screen for AV cables, however using a HDMI cable will fix it straight away.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User NOW TV will update the app shortly to provide full screen for AV cables, however using a HDMI cable will fix it straight away.

And connecting via HDMI will also improve image quality...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted NOW TV yesterday (28th) and was told the problem had been "escalated" (which can of course mean anything) and that I would hear from them (note: not necessarily have a solution) within 24-48 hours. I suspect that Roku and Sky are now locked in battle as to who pays for a solution and those of us with A/V cable links will simply have to suffer. Pretty unimpressive service, given that this problem has now been evident for some days.